Cadbury’s health club wins top fitness award
- Credit: Archant
A North Somerset gym and fitness centre has been crowned the country’s top health club at a prestigious industry awards ceremony.
The health club of the year accolade was won by theclub at DoubleTree by Hilton, Cadbury House, which is based in Congresbury, at the National Fitness Awards.
Judges visited the venue as part of the assessment and were impressed by the range and quality of the facilities, classes and constant investment in new equipment and space for members.
Jason Eaton, group general manager at theclub, said: “This was a fabulous way to celebrate our 10th anniversary year and cap off what has been a very good 2016.
“This award is for everyone involved with the club including all the members and staff.
“We constantly strive to provide the best in health and wellbeing and to be recognised for that by our peers is a great achievement.
“The past 10 years has involved a lot of commitment and dedication by the whole team and I’d like to dedicate this award to them all.
- 1 North Somerset flytipper pays £1,600 after dumping bathtub
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 Police rescue broken down bride - and get her to the wedding on time
- 4 Superb, high-spec house in a Nailsea hotspot
- 5 Clevedon Choral back after 18 month hiatus caused by pandemic
- 6 Construction finally begins for special educational needs school
- 7 Clevedon Library to close for THREE MONTHS for major refurb
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
- 10 Two more leave Portishead Town Council over 'in-person' controversy
“We’ll now work even harder to make sure theclub and spa maintains its position as the best in the business and to give our members the service and facilities they deserve.”
This year, a new restaurant opened at theclub. Marco Pierre White’s Bardolino eatery has proved a popular addition, according to Mr Eaton.
He added: “By continually improving members and guests’ experience is what sets us apart from all other health clubs.
“There is nothing quite like theclub and spa at Cadbury House and we can now officially say we are the best in the whole of the UK.”