Cadbury’s health club wins top fitness award
- Credit: Archant
A North Somerset gym and fitness centre has been crowned the country’s top health club at a prestigious industry awards ceremony.
The health club of the year accolade was won by theclub at DoubleTree by Hilton, Cadbury House, which is based in Congresbury, at the National Fitness Awards.
Judges visited the venue as part of the assessment and were impressed by the range and quality of the facilities, classes and constant investment in new equipment and space for members.
Jason Eaton, group general manager at theclub, said: “This was a fabulous way to celebrate our 10th anniversary year and cap off what has been a very good 2016.
“This award is for everyone involved with the club including all the members and staff.
You may also want to watch:
“We constantly strive to provide the best in health and wellbeing and to be recognised for that by our peers is a great achievement.
“The past 10 years has involved a lot of commitment and dedication by the whole team and I’d like to dedicate this award to them all.
- 1 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 2 Exceptional house with grounds, countryside views and outbuildings
- 3 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 4 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 5 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 6 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 7 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 8 Yatton development welcomes first movers
- 9 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 10 Portishead nursery children say bonjour to all things French
“We’ll now work even harder to make sure theclub and spa maintains its position as the best in the business and to give our members the service and facilities they deserve.”
This year, a new restaurant opened at theclub. Marco Pierre White’s Bardolino eatery has proved a popular addition, according to Mr Eaton.
He added: “By continually improving members and guests’ experience is what sets us apart from all other health clubs.
“There is nothing quite like theclub and spa at Cadbury House and we can now officially say we are the best in the whole of the UK.”