Hotel staff tackle beach clean
- Credit: Archant
Employees at a Congresbury hotel swapped their usual routine for a day at the beach, spending hours collecting rubbish.
Staff from DoubleTree by Hilton, Cadbury House, took to Uphill beach to take part in a beach clean.
The team collected 20 bags of waste which will be recycled.
General manager Mehmet Kandemir said: “The issue of plastic waste in our seas and oceans really hit home when Sir David Attenborough highlighted the problem on the acclaimed Blue Planet 2 TV programme.
“Making small changes can have a big impact, especially if collectively we all do something.
You may also want to watch:
“At Cadbury House for example, we stopped using water cooler bottles and switched to a water purification system. This means we don’t take delivery of any plastic water bottles.
“Collecting so much rubbish in one day made the whole team realise the scale of the issue.”
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 6 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 7 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 10 Clevedon's FA Vase dream ends at Plymouth Parkway