Hotel staff tackle beach clean
- Credit: Archant
Employees at a Congresbury hotel swapped their usual routine for a day at the beach, spending hours collecting rubbish.
Staff from DoubleTree by Hilton, Cadbury House, took to Uphill beach to take part in a beach clean.
The team collected 20 bags of waste which will be recycled.
General manager Mehmet Kandemir said: “The issue of plastic waste in our seas and oceans really hit home when Sir David Attenborough highlighted the problem on the acclaimed Blue Planet 2 TV programme.
“Making small changes can have a big impact, especially if collectively we all do something.
You may also want to watch:
“At Cadbury House for example, we stopped using water cooler bottles and switched to a water purification system. This means we don’t take delivery of any plastic water bottles.
“Collecting so much rubbish in one day made the whole team realise the scale of the issue.”
- 1 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 2 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 3 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 4 North Somerset nurses retire following more than 80 years of combined service to the NHS
- 5 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 6 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 7 Flying club to stage 24-hour flight simulation for charity
- 8 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3