Hotel staff tackle beach clean
- Credit: Archant
Employees at a Congresbury hotel swapped their usual routine for a day at the beach, spending hours collecting rubbish.
Staff from DoubleTree by Hilton, Cadbury House, took to Uphill beach to take part in a beach clean.
The team collected 20 bags of waste which will be recycled.
General manager Mehmet Kandemir said: “The issue of plastic waste in our seas and oceans really hit home when Sir David Attenborough highlighted the problem on the acclaimed Blue Planet 2 TV programme.
“Making small changes can have a big impact, especially if collectively we all do something.
You may also want to watch:
“At Cadbury House for example, we stopped using water cooler bottles and switched to a water purification system. This means we don’t take delivery of any plastic water bottles.
“Collecting so much rubbish in one day made the whole team realise the scale of the issue.”
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 3 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 4 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 5 Ashton & Backwell begin new season with defeat at Keynsham
- 6 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 7 Save Weston Big Wood gatherings this weekend
- 8 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 9 Ashton & Backwell United announce departure of Rich
- 10 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage