Buy shares in your own bookshop
A GROUP of book-lovers from Clevedon are looking for fellow enthusiasts to buy shares in a new community bookshop.
The friends are working together to open up Clevedon Community Bookshop in Copse Road before Christmas but they are now appealing for help to raise the �20,000 needed to set up the project.
The bookshop will be publicly-owned and the money raised will be ploughed back into the shop as well as being used to hold literary events, workshops, author visits, poetry days and children’s story-telling sessions in the town.
Members are busy emptying the store of old stock and will start renovating the premises in October before decorating and furnishing it so it can open in time for Christmas.
People can buy a minimum of 10 �1 shares in the shop or offer the store an interest-free loan. As well as looking for share-holders, the group is appealing for volunteers to help renovate the shop.
To find out more about the community bookshop or to buy shares pop along to a public meeting at Clevedon Baptist Church Hall, Queens Square, at 7.30pm tomorrow (Thurs) or email angela at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Man completely covers his house with festive lights to 'spread Christmas cheer'
- 2 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 3 Three-day Christmas market coming to North Somerset
- 4 Clevedon bookshop to launch grant scheme
- 5 How a family-run funeral directors can help to provide peace of mind
- 6 'Historic' Down Syndrome bill set to become law
- 7 Portishead retailer's suitcase appeal to support vulnerable African children
- 8 Christmas lights to be switched on in Clevedon this weekend
- 9 Clevedon family braves cold water challenge in memory of grandad
- 10 Doctors surgery to get revamp