Buy shares in your own bookshop
A GROUP of book-lovers from Clevedon are looking for fellow enthusiasts to buy shares in a new community bookshop.
The friends are working together to open up Clevedon Community Bookshop in Copse Road before Christmas but they are now appealing for help to raise the �20,000 needed to set up the project.
The bookshop will be publicly-owned and the money raised will be ploughed back into the shop as well as being used to hold literary events, workshops, author visits, poetry days and children’s story-telling sessions in the town.
Members are busy emptying the store of old stock and will start renovating the premises in October before decorating and furnishing it so it can open in time for Christmas.
People can buy a minimum of 10 �1 shares in the shop or offer the store an interest-free loan. As well as looking for share-holders, the group is appealing for volunteers to help renovate the shop.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more about the community bookshop or to buy shares pop along to a public meeting at Clevedon Baptist Church Hall, Queens Square, at 7.30pm tomorrow (Thurs) or email angela at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 3 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 4 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 5 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 6 Yatton development welcomes first movers
- 7 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 8 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe
- 9 Sections of historic Portishead railway line to be reused for project
- 10 Restricting more flights from airport would have 'profound implications for society', says lawyer