Buy shares in your own bookshop
A GROUP of book-lovers from Clevedon are looking for fellow enthusiasts to buy shares in a new community bookshop.
The friends are working together to open up Clevedon Community Bookshop in Copse Road before Christmas but they are now appealing for help to raise the �20,000 needed to set up the project.
The bookshop will be publicly-owned and the money raised will be ploughed back into the shop as well as being used to hold literary events, workshops, author visits, poetry days and children’s story-telling sessions in the town.
Members are busy emptying the store of old stock and will start renovating the premises in October before decorating and furnishing it so it can open in time for Christmas.
People can buy a minimum of 10 �1 shares in the shop or offer the store an interest-free loan. As well as looking for share-holders, the group is appealing for volunteers to help renovate the shop.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more about the community bookshop or to buy shares pop along to a public meeting at Clevedon Baptist Church Hall, Queens Square, at 7.30pm tomorrow (Thurs) or email angela at email@example.com
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 6 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 7 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 8 Special school expansion progress
- 9 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 10 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week