Butcombe Brewery enjoys sales boost to end 2017 on a high
- Credit: Archant
A Wrington brewery firm enjoyed an ‘excellent’ end to 2017.
Butcombe Brewery has announced its like-for-like sales rose by 6.5 per cent in December year-on-year and its total sales by 114 per cent.
The firm put its success down to an investment in its facilities and rebranding earlier in the year.
Mark Crowther, chief executive of The Liberation Group which Butcombe is a part of, said: “This is an excellent result driven by our teams of great people and the enhancements that we have made to the business over the past 12 months.
“Complimenting our Channel Island business, we now have a very high-quality portfolio of predominantly freehold West Country pubs to trade from in 2018 which together with the benefits from the improvements to the brewing side of the business augurs well for the coming year.”
Butcombe bought The Jubilee Inn pub in Flax Bourton in November.
- 1 Construction training centre opens in Portishead
- 2 Appeal launched to save town's Christmas light displays
- 3 Taxpayers paid £60k for Liam Fox's failed bid for WTO job: Reports
- 4 Portishead-Bristol bus plan would save £100 MILLION, campaigner claims
- 5 Work on new Cheddar pump track set to begin
- 6 Burglars target 24 properties in North Somerset area
- 7 New Clevedon charity is helping to create the scientists of the future
- 8 Court rules that Baytree School expansion can go ahead
- 9 Clevedon Lions Dream Scheme has opened to help good causes
- 10 Geocaching added to Nailsea Heritage Trail