Businesses invited to sponsor wheelchairs
- Credit: Archant
BUSINESSES in North Somerset are being invited to sponsor the next generation of wheelchair sports stars through Backwell charity Motivation.
The international disability charity, based in Brockley Lane, has been asked by the International Paralympics Committee to design a low-cost racing chair to enable athletes from some of the world’s poorest countries to take part in disabled sports.
The charity is now looking for businesses to sponsor one or more wheelchairs through the Motivation Sports Fund to enable hundreds more people to enter the 2016 Paralympics in Rio.
Ben Humphrey, from Motivation, said: “This is a great opportunity for businesses to play a practical part in the Paralympic legacy.
“By sponsoring our sports wheelchairs, they’ll help disabled people in some of the world’s poorest countries take part in sport - and maybe even dream of competing at the next Paralympics.”
You may also want to watch:
Motivation designs, produces and distributes a range of low cost wheelchairs which are designed specifically for use in developing countries.
Typical sports wheelchairs can cost thousands of pounds, which means many disabled people in the UK and abroad cannot afford to participate in sports.
- 1 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
- 2 Bristol Balloon Fiesta: Organisers planning 2021 event
- 3 Man with long Covid urges others to take virus seriously
- 4 May 17: Which pubs are reopening in North Somerset?
- 5 May 17: Bristol Airport 'disappointed' with green list
- 6 Lions fund noticeboard for Backwell viewpoint
- 7 Clevedon AC members enjoy Glastonbury 10k outing
- 8 Call for community to support 'vital' children's hospice
- 9 Mixed fortunes for Clevedon LTC teams on league return
- 10 LOCAL BY-ELECTION: Portishead East district and town councillors elected
Motivation hopes to send its wheelchairs all over the world to give hundreds more people the chance to take part and compete in disabled sports.
Staff are now appealing for businesses and organisations to help them achieve their goal.
Sponsors can choose from a variety of funding packages, ranging from £1,000-£15,000, and will receive the use of the fund’s logo and a wheelchair sports experience day with a gold-medal winning paralympian.
Anyone interested in finding out more can call Ben on 01275 464012 or email@example.com