Businesses invited to sponsor wheelchairs
- Credit: Archant
BUSINESSES in North Somerset are being invited to sponsor the next generation of wheelchair sports stars through Backwell charity Motivation.
The international disability charity, based in Brockley Lane, has been asked by the International Paralympics Committee to design a low-cost racing chair to enable athletes from some of the world’s poorest countries to take part in disabled sports.
The charity is now looking for businesses to sponsor one or more wheelchairs through the Motivation Sports Fund to enable hundreds more people to enter the 2016 Paralympics in Rio.
Ben Humphrey, from Motivation, said: “This is a great opportunity for businesses to play a practical part in the Paralympic legacy.
“By sponsoring our sports wheelchairs, they’ll help disabled people in some of the world’s poorest countries take part in sport - and maybe even dream of competing at the next Paralympics.”
You may also want to watch:
Motivation designs, produces and distributes a range of low cost wheelchairs which are designed specifically for use in developing countries.
Typical sports wheelchairs can cost thousands of pounds, which means many disabled people in the UK and abroad cannot afford to participate in sports.
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 3 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 4 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 5 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 6 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 7 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 8 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 9 PICTURES: Hot air balloons take flight over Bristol at Fiesta Fortnight launch
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
Motivation hopes to send its wheelchairs all over the world to give hundreds more people the chance to take part and compete in disabled sports.
Staff are now appealing for businesses and organisations to help them achieve their goal.
Sponsors can choose from a variety of funding packages, ranging from £1,000-£15,000, and will receive the use of the fund’s logo and a wheelchair sports experience day with a gold-medal winning paralympian.
Anyone interested in finding out more can call Ben on 01275 464012 or email@example.com