Support on offer to help North Somerset businesses bounce back
- Credit: Archant
Businesses in Weston and across North Somerset are being urged to take advantage of a free support package - and sign up by the end of this month.
One hundred and fifty businesses in the district are being offered access to a mix of one-to-one support sessions with expert advisers, group support sessions with other local business leaders, and be signposted to a range of online resources and information hubs through the Welcome Back North Somerset programme.
Key business challenges to be addressed by the scheme include:
- staff recruitment and retention
- attracting new and repeat business via marketing and digitalisation
- business planning for resilience and long-term benefit
- attracting new markets via enhanced sustainability and accessibility credentials
The initiative is designed to help independent businesses in high street/town centre and seafront locations across the area bounce back from the challenges of the pandemic and national lockdowns.
The project is supported by the Welcome Back Fund, financed by the European Regional Development Fund as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme 2014-2020.
With Welcome Back funding, North Somerset Council has commissioned Tomorrow’s Tourism to deliver the business support package and is urging local business owners to sign up by the end of January.
- 1 Portishead teachers WILL strike over workload dispute
- 2 Construction training centre opens in Portishead
- 3 Residents fear new homes between Nailsea and Backwell could 'open the floodgates'
- 4 Portishead-Bristol bus plan would save £100 MILLION, campaigner claims
- 5 M5 closed after morning crash - causing FIVE MILES of tailbacks
- 6 Police take action against middle-lane 'hogger' on M5
- 7 Weston bathing water rated 'poor' and swimming discouraged
- 8 Taxpayers paid £60k for Liam Fox's failed bid for WTO job: Reports
- 9 Legal challenge over plans to dump dredging waste off Portishead
- 10 Contemporary four-bedroom home packed with latest tech
“We are delighted to support this project and urge local businesses to register their interest and benefit from solutions to raise sales revenue, attract new customers and markets and drive your business further," said Cllr Mark Canniford, the council's executive member for placemaking and economy.
"As a business owner myself I see this as incredibly helpful support at such a challenging time.
"There is nothing to lose and everything to gain by taking advantage of this free offer today.”
Businesses can find out more and sign up on the In North Somerset website, at innorthsomerset.co.uk/welcome-back-north-somerset.