Burpee challenge at hub opening
- Credit: supplied
NORTH Somerset fitness enthusiasts will be able to pitch themselves against champion sportsmen and women, celebrity fitness gurus, actors and published health writers at a Portishead gym this weekend.
The official opening of the new Fitness Hub in Old Mill Road will include a Crowd Fitness Challenge event, inviting visitors to compete in many different activities, against some of the many special guests, to win prizes.
The launch will also involve the introduction of the new Nutri Hub sports supplement range, numerous free offers and a one hour burpee challenge.
Gym owner, former world champion kick boxer Andy Cleeves, said: “A burpee is a full body weight exercise requiring strength, flexibility and endurance and 10 gym members, including me, will be attempting 4,000 burpees in one hour to raise money for good causes.”
The burpee challenge will raise money for the Lullaby Trust which supports families affected by sudden infant death syndrome and Little People UK which offers a network for families which are affected by dwarfism.
You may also want to watch:
The Fitness Hub’s official opening will take place between 1-4pm on Saturday when members of the public will be able to check out the new £100,000 facility and try out some of the new equipment and activities. To find out more visit www.the fitnesshubportishead.co.uk
- 1 Contemporary living with lovely estuary views
- 2 Key workers awarded for their dedication during pandemic
- 3 Changes to North Somerset Council’s executive team announced
- 4 Creation of 'flimsy' roles at £7,000 is 'indefensible', says North Somerset councillor
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 April 12: Air ambulance charity has busiest week on record
- 7 Call for new system to help people with addictions and mental health issues
- 8 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 9 Lord-Lieutenant unveils memorial to commemorate village war dead
- 10 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser