Hair salon to take on former bank
- Credit: Archant
A former bank will be given a major makeover ahead of reopening as a hair and beauty salon in October.
One of North Somerset’s most recognisable names in hairdressing will become available to customers in Yatton when it takes on the old Lloyds Bank in High Street.
The site has been left empty since the banking corporation moved out in July.
However, on Monday Broad St Hair announced it will move into the vacant unit in the middle of next month.
Opening the new salon in Yatton completes a long 22-year journey for brother and sister team Wayne Hill and Tracy Taylor.
You may also want to watch:
The siblings trained and worked in the village for many years before opening their first beauty salon together down the road in Congresbury High Street in 1995.
That venture marked the first step for the firm, which has since grown to six salons, including in Nailsea and Backwell, and more than 50 employees across North Somerset.
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 3 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 4 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 5 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 6 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 7 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 8 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 9 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
To make room for the new salon, Broad St will be moving its facilities from DoubleTree by Hilton, Cadbury House in Congresbury.
And Broad St wants to make sure its Yatton salon is ‘eco-friendly’ and is promising to offer a ‘greener’ version of hairdressing.
It will house 10 hair stations, a luxury backwash area and nail bar.
Mr Hill is hopeful of welcoming some familiar faces through the doors.
He said: “After 22 years from leaving Yatton were we originally trained, it is really exciting for Tracy and I to return to were we first started, taking over a premium site in the middle of the village.
“We are hoping to see clients that we may have looked after all those years ago.
“It’s going to be a pleasure to bring our Cadbury salon to Yatton with a new ‘greener’ environment for existing and new clients.”
Unsurprisingly, the former Lloyds Bank needs some refurbishment to become a top-quality hair salon and that work will be carried out ahead of the opening.
A grand opening will take place on October 15 to celebrate Broad St’s move into the village, before customer appointments begin in earnest the following day.