Bristol Airport remains country’s most punctual
- Credit: Archant
Bristol Airport is the UK’s most punctual airport after more than 85 per cent of its flights arrived and departed on time during 2015.
The airport was ranked as the 10th most timely airport worldwide after data from 50 million flight records was analysed by global aviation provider OAG.
Some 86 per cent of Bristol’s flights arrived or departed within 15 minutes of the scheduled time in 2015 and the airport’s chief executive, Robert Sinclair, said the news was ‘important’.
Mr Sinclair said: “We are delighted to be rated the UK’s most punctual airport for the second year running, and one of the 10 best airports in the world in terms of on-time performance.
“In our busy modern world where time is precious, knowing that – nine times out of 10 – your flight will operate on time is important.
You may also want to watch:
“Of course, delays do still occur, but with uncongested airspace providing flexibility in the event of any disruption, we are in a strong position to keep inconvenience to our passengers to a minimum. This resilience is another reason increasing numbers of passengers from the South West and Wales are choosing to fly from Bristol.”
The news comes as the airport announced it will be putting on extra flights to and from Paris in February and March for customers watching the Six Nations.
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 2 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 3 Estate agents invites children to create Halloween window displays
- 4 Portishead salon to wear all pink for breast cancer fundraiser
- 5 Life-saving equipment installed in town
- 6 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
- 7 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 8 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 9 Countryside charity condemns plan to build 600 homes in village
- 10 Bristol Combination Vase: Nailsea & Backwell RFC looking to create history says Hill
Meanwhile, a key construction milestone in the multi-million pound expansion of Bristol Airport has been marked.
Last week a topping out ceremony was held as the steelwork for the £24million west terminal was completed.
Mr Sinclair said: “Feedback on the east terminal extension – which enhanced and extended the departure lounge when it opened last summer – has been very positive.
“On completion, the west terminal extension will address other key stages of the airport journey – security search – as well as enhancing the baggage reclaim and public meeting space.
“By the end of next year, we will have transformed the passenger experience, providing another powerful reason for people across the South West and Wales to choose to fly from Bristol.”