Briefing for concerned High Street traders
A BRIEFING for High Street traders will be held to give more details of a road closure to begin on January 10.
Portishead Chamber of Commerce has organised the meeting after many concerns were raised about how the month-long road closure could affect trade in the High Street.
The meeting, to be held at the Folk Hall in High Street from 5.15-6.15pm tomorrow (Fri), is open to all retailers and members of the public with a direct interest in the High Street.
A briefing will be given by North Somerset Council’s highways engineer James Withers and some of his colleagues to explain the work programme.
The briefing will give retailers the chance to ask questions relating to delivery vehicles and customer access.
You may also want to watch:
Please note the briefing session concerns the timing and how the works will be carried out and is NOT a consultation about the scope of works.
The scope of works has already been agreed and signed off by North Somerset District Council.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 4 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 5 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 6 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 7 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
- 10 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans