Briefing for concerned High Street traders
A BRIEFING for High Street traders will be held to give more details of a road closure to begin on January 10.
Portishead Chamber of Commerce has organised the meeting after many concerns were raised about how the month-long road closure could affect trade in the High Street.
The meeting, to be held at the Folk Hall in High Street from 5.15-6.15pm tomorrow (Fri), is open to all retailers and members of the public with a direct interest in the High Street.
A briefing will be given by North Somerset Council’s highways engineer James Withers and some of his colleagues to explain the work programme.
The briefing will give retailers the chance to ask questions relating to delivery vehicles and customer access.
You may also want to watch:
Please note the briefing session concerns the timing and how the works will be carried out and is NOT a consultation about the scope of works.
The scope of works has already been agreed and signed off by North Somerset District Council.
- 1 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 2 Health leaders urge people to keep following Covid guidelines as rates begin to drop in North Somerset
- 3 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 4 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 5 Actress urges people to get behind hospice appeal
- 6 Business in Kenn nominated for prestigious Business Leader Awards
- 7 Sports clubs take on festive run for hospice
- 8 Nailsea runs virtual Christmas fair
- 9 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 10 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends