Briefing for concerned High Street traders
A BRIEFING for High Street traders will be held to give more details of a road closure to begin on January 10.
Portishead Chamber of Commerce has organised the meeting after many concerns were raised about how the month-long road closure could affect trade in the High Street.
The meeting, to be held at the Folk Hall in High Street from 5.15-6.15pm tomorrow (Fri), is open to all retailers and members of the public with a direct interest in the High Street.
A briefing will be given by North Somerset Council’s highways engineer James Withers and some of his colleagues to explain the work programme.
The briefing will give retailers the chance to ask questions relating to delivery vehicles and customer access.
Please note the briefing session concerns the timing and how the works will be carried out and is NOT a consultation about the scope of works.
The scope of works has already been agreed and signed off by North Somerset District Council.
- 1 Fatal collision in Clevedon leaves man in his 70s dead
- 2 House of Commons gives Liam Fox reason for Portishead Rail delay
- 3 Clevedon B&M redevelopment approved, despite hundreds of objections
- 4 Santa routes for towns this December are revealed
- 5 Extension to cycling route could be approved next year
- 6 Friends opt for career change with new Backwell distillery
- 7 New Mercury and Times editor appointed
- 8 Remembrance service for crew who died in air crash
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns