Briefing for concerned High Street traders
A BRIEFING for High Street traders will be held to give more details of a road closure to begin on January 10.
Portishead Chamber of Commerce has organised the meeting after many concerns were raised about how the month-long road closure could affect trade in the High Street.
The meeting, to be held at the Folk Hall in High Street from 5.15-6.15pm tomorrow (Fri), is open to all retailers and members of the public with a direct interest in the High Street.
A briefing will be given by North Somerset Council’s highways engineer James Withers and some of his colleagues to explain the work programme.
The briefing will give retailers the chance to ask questions relating to delivery vehicles and customer access.
You may also want to watch:
Please note the briefing session concerns the timing and how the works will be carried out and is NOT a consultation about the scope of works.
The scope of works has already been agreed and signed off by North Somerset District Council.
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 3 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 4 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 5 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 6 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 7 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 8 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 9 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week