A ROYAL Marine from Portishead has started a military-style boot camp to help people get fit.
James Reddrop, aged 32, is a physical training instructor with the marines, but has decided to open up the military training he teaches to members of the public.
The former Gordano School pupil runs the boot camp sessions at the Lake Grounds on Saturday mornings.
Participants are put through a variety of exercises including sprint circuits, weights and unarmed body combat to improve strength, stamina and flexibility.
The programme is billed as ‘the most physically demanding boot camp available’ with a combination of fun and fitness and aims to help people burn 600-750 calories per session.
You may also want to watch:
James, also known as Reggie, said: “I set it up to improve fitness levels of the public and make it affordable for them.
“The sessions cater for any fitness level. Whatever we do, each person is working to their own limits and I’m just there to give them an extra push.
- 1 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 3 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 4 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 5 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 6 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe
- 7 Yatton development welcomes first movers
- 8 Nailsea pub crowned best in South West
- 9 Restricting more flights from airport would have 'profound implications for society', says lawyer
- 10 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
“We use old tyres, ropes and weights and I do something different every time so the body doesn’t get used to it.”
Boot camp is held on Saturday mornings from 9am. James also runs Commando Fit sessions on Thursday evenings from 7pm for people who have taken part in boot camp.
At the end of October, the classes will move to Gordano School, in St Mary’s Road, for the winter.
The classes are for people aged 16 and over and are designed to push participants to their limits. To find out more visit www.commando-fit.com/bristol-fitness-bootcamp-military-marines or to book email email@example.com