A ROYAL Marine from Portishead has started a military-style boot camp to help people get fit.
James Reddrop, aged 32, is a physical training instructor with the marines, but has decided to open up the military training he teaches to members of the public.
The former Gordano School pupil runs the boot camp sessions at the Lake Grounds on Saturday mornings.
Participants are put through a variety of exercises including sprint circuits, weights and unarmed body combat to improve strength, stamina and flexibility.
The programme is billed as ‘the most physically demanding boot camp available’ with a combination of fun and fitness and aims to help people burn 600-750 calories per session.
You may also want to watch:
James, also known as Reggie, said: “I set it up to improve fitness levels of the public and make it affordable for them.
“The sessions cater for any fitness level. Whatever we do, each person is working to their own limits and I’m just there to give them an extra push.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 6 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 7 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 8 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 9 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging
- 10 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
“We use old tyres, ropes and weights and I do something different every time so the body doesn’t get used to it.”
Boot camp is held on Saturday mornings from 9am. James also runs Commando Fit sessions on Thursday evenings from 7pm for people who have taken part in boot camp.
At the end of October, the classes will move to Gordano School, in St Mary’s Road, for the winter.
The classes are for people aged 16 and over and are designed to push participants to their limits. To find out more visit www.commando-fit.com/bristol-fitness-bootcamp-military-marines or to book email email@example.com