Boost for town’s tourism
- Credit: Archant
PORTISHEAD tourism could benefit from the opening of a new boutique bed and breakfast in the town centre.
Rooms at Venga, contained within the Victorian premises of 24 High Street, present stylish, self-contained rooms over two floors.
In addition, the Venga Loft is a two-bedroom apartment which is available as a self catering holiday let.
Owner Mike Yeatman said: “Portishead has a growing number of visitors and our luxury bed and breakfast rooms and apartment provide the perfect hideaway for tourists, business travellers and people who want to explore the area.”
Mike, who lives with his wife near Portishead marina, has given up his job in financial services to run the new business. Work is also underway on the ground floor, transforming the former Larsen’s Café into a traditional tapas bar which will open in the autumn.
You may also want to watch:
Mike added: “I love cooking and the hospitality industry and have had a taste of it running winefriends.co.uk over the past few years, whereby I have organised short breaks and entertained large groups at weekend hideaways several times a year.”
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 6 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 7 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 8 Special school expansion progress
- 9 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 10 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset