Boost for town’s tourism
- Credit: Archant
PORTISHEAD tourism could benefit from the opening of a new boutique bed and breakfast in the town centre.
Rooms at Venga, contained within the Victorian premises of 24 High Street, present stylish, self-contained rooms over two floors.
In addition, the Venga Loft is a two-bedroom apartment which is available as a self catering holiday let.
Owner Mike Yeatman said: “Portishead has a growing number of visitors and our luxury bed and breakfast rooms and apartment provide the perfect hideaway for tourists, business travellers and people who want to explore the area.”
Mike, who lives with his wife near Portishead marina, has given up his job in financial services to run the new business. Work is also underway on the ground floor, transforming the former Larsen’s Café into a traditional tapas bar which will open in the autumn.
You may also want to watch:
Mike added: “I love cooking and the hospitality industry and have had a taste of it running winefriends.co.uk over the past few years, whereby I have organised short breaks and entertained large groups at weekend hideaways several times a year.”
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
- 3 Bristol Combination Vase: Nailsea & Backwell RFC looking to create history says Hill
- 4 WIN: Tickets to Cliff Richard live concert screening
- 5 North Somerset authors publish books
- 6 Nailsea & Backwell RFC v Bristol Imperial RFC LIVE BLOG
- 7 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 8 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 9 Coffee morning raises hundreds of pounds for two charities
- 10 Appeal after man injured in robbery