Boost for town’s tourism
- Credit: Archant
PORTISHEAD tourism could benefit from the opening of a new boutique bed and breakfast in the town centre.
Rooms at Venga, contained within the Victorian premises of 24 High Street, present stylish, self-contained rooms over two floors.
In addition, the Venga Loft is a two-bedroom apartment which is available as a self catering holiday let.
Owner Mike Yeatman said: “Portishead has a growing number of visitors and our luxury bed and breakfast rooms and apartment provide the perfect hideaway for tourists, business travellers and people who want to explore the area.”
Mike, who lives with his wife near Portishead marina, has given up his job in financial services to run the new business. Work is also underway on the ground floor, transforming the former Larsen’s Café into a traditional tapas bar which will open in the autumn.
Mike added: “I love cooking and the hospitality industry and have had a taste of it running winefriends.co.uk over the past few years, whereby I have organised short breaks and entertained large groups at weekend hideaways several times a year.”
- 1 Construction training centre opens in Portishead
- 2 M5 closed after morning crash - causing FIVE MILES of tailbacks
- 3 Taxpayers paid £60k for Liam Fox's failed bid for WTO job: Reports
- 4 Appeal launched to save town's Christmas light displays
- 5 Portishead-Bristol bus plan would save £100 MILLION, campaigner claims
- 6 Geocaching added to Nailsea Heritage Trail
- 7 Martin Kemp to play 1980s tunes in Weston this weekend
- 8 New Clevedon charity is helping to create the scientists of the future
- 9 Legal challenge over plans to dump dredging waste off Portishead
- 10 WIN: Tickets to Olivier Award-winning play screening in Clevedon