Bonsai experts retire
THE owners of a Tickenham bonsai tree business are hanging up their tools and retiring after 26 years in the village.
Geoff and Ros Matthews have built up a huge client base since opening Glenbrook Bonsai Nursery in Clevedon Road, with people visiting from across Europe to see their products and also take part in bonsai workshops and courses.
However, they have now agreed to retire and sell their house and land to a private owner.
Geoff said: “The business has grown very well - we have expanded from one-and-a-half acres to five acres and built up a clientele across Britain and Europe.
“When we retire we will miss the complete the lifestyle - the five acres of peace and therapy.”
Geoff and Ros, both aged 65, are hoping to move to a house in the Tickenham area and are currently in negotiations with a North Somerset businessman in the hope he will take over the Glenbrook Bonsai company and keep it going in the district.
Geoff said: “We would like to say a huge thank you to all our customers for all their support and trade over the many years we have been here and hope they can pick up some bargains before we go.”
- 1 Superb, high-spec house in a Nailsea hotspot
- 2 North Somerset flytipper pays £1,600 after dumping bathtub
- 3 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 4 Police rescue broken down bride - and get her to the wedding on time
- 5 Construction finally begins for special educational needs school
- 6 Clevedon Choral back after 18 month hiatus caused by pandemic
- 7 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 8 Clevedon Library to close for THREE MONTHS for major refurb
- 9 Gardens on view for Clevedon wildlife trail
- 10 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
The business will cease trading at 4pm on November 28 but in the meantime a huge sale of all bonsai, nursery and shop equipment will be held.
Anyone interested can just call in to see what is on offer.