Bonsai experts retire
THE owners of a Tickenham bonsai tree business are hanging up their tools and retiring after 26 years in the village.
Geoff and Ros Matthews have built up a huge client base since opening Glenbrook Bonsai Nursery in Clevedon Road, with people visiting from across Europe to see their products and also take part in bonsai workshops and courses.
However, they have now agreed to retire and sell their house and land to a private owner.
Geoff said: “The business has grown very well - we have expanded from one-and-a-half acres to five acres and built up a clientele across Britain and Europe.
“When we retire we will miss the complete the lifestyle - the five acres of peace and therapy.”
You may also want to watch:
Geoff and Ros, both aged 65, are hoping to move to a house in the Tickenham area and are currently in negotiations with a North Somerset businessman in the hope he will take over the Glenbrook Bonsai company and keep it going in the district.
Geoff said: “We would like to say a huge thank you to all our customers for all their support and trade over the many years we have been here and hope they can pick up some bargains before we go.”
- 1 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 2 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 3 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 4 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 5 North Somerset nurses retire following more than 80 years of combined service to the NHS
- 6 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 7 School girls creates Christmas cards for charity
- 8 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
The business will cease trading at 4pm on November 28 but in the meantime a huge sale of all bonsai, nursery and shop equipment will be held.
Anyone interested can just call in to see what is on offer.