Bonsai experts retire
THE owners of a Tickenham bonsai tree business are hanging up their tools and retiring after 26 years in the village.
Geoff and Ros Matthews have built up a huge client base since opening Glenbrook Bonsai Nursery in Clevedon Road, with people visiting from across Europe to see their products and also take part in bonsai workshops and courses.
However, they have now agreed to retire and sell their house and land to a private owner.
Geoff said: “The business has grown very well - we have expanded from one-and-a-half acres to five acres and built up a clientele across Britain and Europe.
“When we retire we will miss the complete the lifestyle - the five acres of peace and therapy.”
You may also want to watch:
Geoff and Ros, both aged 65, are hoping to move to a house in the Tickenham area and are currently in negotiations with a North Somerset businessman in the hope he will take over the Glenbrook Bonsai company and keep it going in the district.
Geoff said: “We would like to say a huge thank you to all our customers for all their support and trade over the many years we have been here and hope they can pick up some bargains before we go.”
- 1 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 2 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 3 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 4 Beautiful Edwardian villa near Clevedon's seafront
- 5 Life-saving equipment installed in town
- 6 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 7 Cliff Richard concert to be live streamed in cinemas
- 8 Ashton & Backwell United bow out of Buildbase FA Vase after Bemerton Heath Harlequins defeat
- 9 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 10 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
The business will cease trading at 4pm on November 28 but in the meantime a huge sale of all bonsai, nursery and shop equipment will be held.
Anyone interested can just call in to see what is on offer.