‘Extremely exciting time’ awaits traders in Portishead as chamber modernises
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Major changes are in the works for a Portishead business organisation, with hopes of ‘creating new opportunities’ for the town’s traders.
Portishead Chamber of Commerce plans to modernise its approach and services, increasing the support it offers to members.
The chamber has a newly-elected committee, which has also vowed to forge closer relationships with Portishead Town Council and North Somerset Council's economic development unit.
The chamber hopes its changes will help attract more enterprise to the town and give the town's traders a boost.
Its president, David Cook said: "I am very positive about the support we will be able to give to our members and feel the changes we are putting in place now are a great start to creating new opportunities and support for our town's businesses."
Several shops and business have shut amid difficult market conditions in recent years, but the chamber of trade hopes more joined-up working can change things for the better.
The chamber has commissioned the creation of a new, user-friendly website - while experts have been consulted to ensure the organisation can meet the needs of its members in a challenging business environment.
- 1 Police rescue broken down bride - and get her to the wedding on time
- 2 North Somerset flytipper pays £1,600 after dumping bathtub
- 3 Two more leave Portishead Town Council over 'in-person' controversy
- 4 Construction finally begins for special educational needs school
- 5 Cadbury House to host open air cinema for the summer
- 6 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
- 7 Clevedon Library to close for THREE MONTHS for major refurb
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 Stunning century sees Barrow Gurney II secure unlikely win
- 10 Superb, high-spec house in a Nailsea hotspot
Mr Cook believes good times lie ahead for members of the chamber.
He added: "We are in the process of a root and branch review of the benefits of being a member of Portishead Chamber of Commerce and I am pleased to say that 2020 promises to be an extremely exciting time for the organisation and its members.
"Plenty of new benefits for members are lined up including an increased web presence, improved communication and a recruitment service.
"We are also working on a varied programme of interesting events, which will include networking breakfasts, social events and the re-launch of a new-look Business Outlook show.
"I am very positive about the support we will be providing for local businesses in 2020 and beyond."
The chamber's new website is due to launch next month.
Businesses interested in joining the chamber of trader have been urged to email email@example.com