North Somerset is officially home to South West’s best beer
- Credit: NEILPHILLIPS
A Wrington brewery has claimed two honours at regional beer awards for one of its creations.
Twisted Oak was successful at this year’s Society of Independent Brewers’ South West Beer Awards after claiming two prizes.
Its Leveret drink won a gold award in the cask British premium bitter category, and it came second overall.
Directors Simon Gait plus Keith and Deb Hayles said: “We’re very proud of our Leveret beer.
“Beating nearly 300 other beers, from more than 100 different breweries, to win these awards is a real achievement.”
You may also want to watch:
Twisted Oak plans to put its beer forward for a national award, which will be held next year.
The brewery’s success comes fresh on the back of opening The Fallen Tree micropub in Clevedon’s Hill Road, which serves beers traditional Somerset cider.
- 1 Where in North Somerset can you celebrate Christmas in church this year?
- 2 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 3 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 4 Town council appeals for grit bin monitors in Portishead
- 5 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 6 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 7 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 8 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 9 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 10 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street