North Somerset is officially home to South West’s best beer
- Credit: NEILPHILLIPS
A Wrington brewery has claimed two honours at regional beer awards for one of its creations.
Twisted Oak was successful at this year’s Society of Independent Brewers’ South West Beer Awards after claiming two prizes.
Its Leveret drink won a gold award in the cask British premium bitter category, and it came second overall.
Directors Simon Gait plus Keith and Deb Hayles said: “We’re very proud of our Leveret beer.
“Beating nearly 300 other beers, from more than 100 different breweries, to win these awards is a real achievement.”
You may also want to watch:
Twisted Oak plans to put its beer forward for a national award, which will be held next year.
The brewery’s success comes fresh on the back of opening The Fallen Tree micropub in Clevedon’s Hill Road, which serves beers traditional Somerset cider.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 6 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 7 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 8 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 9 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 10 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging