First nails and prosecco bar for town opens at marina
- Credit: Tracey Fowler
A beauty salon has expanded its range of options for clients – by serving up some bubbly.
Elements Hair and Beauty, at Portishead Quays Marina, has received the paperwork through from North Somerset Council to allow it to serve alcohol to its clients.
The licensing process took some time but owner Natalie Charman said it will make a difference.
Natalie, who opened the salon last May, added: “We applied for a licence after many clients told us the spacious salon on the waterfront lends itself to a great girls’ night in, while others suggested a glass of prosecco would be the perfect accompaniment to a relaxing pamper session.
“The licence application was quite a rigorous process and it’s taken months to come to fruition, but I feel it’s the right move for Elements and it’s all been worthwhile.
“It means we can meet the needs of our clients who enjoy a glass of fizz while enjoying hair and beauty treatments.”
While any clients can order alcoholic refreshment, the idea of a nails and prosecco bar is what prompted the step.
- 1 North Somerset flytipper pays £1,600 after dumping bathtub
- 2 Construction finally begins for special educational needs school
- 3 Police rescue broken down bride - and get her to the wedding on time
- 4 Two more leave Portishead Town Council over 'in-person' controversy
- 5 Cadbury House to host open air cinema for the summer
- 6 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
- 7 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 8 Double disappointment for Cleeve CC
- 9 Stunning century sees Barrow Gurney II secure unlikely win
- 10 Superb, high-spec house in a Nailsea hotspot
Natalie added: “Two to four clients can enjoy a manicure or pedicure at the same time at our nail bars, so this lends itself to being quite a sociable activity.
“It’s ideal for a group of friends who want to catch up over a glass of bubbly after work, while enjoying a bit of pampering.
“It’s also a great start to a night out.”
Hairdressers and beauty salons offering complimentary glasses of bubbly to their customers without a licence could be fined up to £20,000.