Bankers brighten up a school
A new mural has been painted in Ravenswood School’s playground, thanks to a team from Lloyds Banking Group.
Staff asked if they could visit the school in Nailsea to help as part of their annual day to make a difference.
The team worked hard to clear a long flower bed, ready for pupils to plant shrubs.
The volunteers also painted a mural depicting the inside of a shop with a counter, cash register, scales, shelves and products on sale.
Pupils and staff are delighted with the work they carried out.
Senior Manager Aidan Downes said: “At Lloyds Bank we want to do everything we can to help Britain prosper. To us that’s not just about people’s finances, it’s about making a difference to support local communities. The team really enjoyed their day at Ravenswood School.”
- 1 Fatal collision in Clevedon leaves man in his 70s dead
- 2 House of Commons gives Liam Fox reason for Portishead Rail delay
- 3 Clevedon B&M redevelopment approved, despite hundreds of objections
- 4 Santa routes for towns this December are revealed
- 5 Extension to cycling route could be approved next year
- 6 Friends opt for career change with new Backwell distillery
- 7 New Mercury and Times editor appointed
- 8 Remembrance service for crew who died in air crash
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns