Baker scoops awards for cupcakes
- Credit: Archant
A BACKWELL baker has picked up two prestigious awards for her scrumptious cupcakes.
Kerris Harrop, owner of Cupcakes a la carte, was runner-up in two categories at the National Cupcake Championship in Birmingham which attracted entrants from across the UK.
Kerris made lemon cupcakes in the classic category and rose-flavoured cupcakes in the theme class for Valentine’s Day.
Kerris, who started her business two years ago, is thrilled to have achieved the award.
She said: “It was an honour to have been selected as a finalist, but to be chosen as runner-up in both categories in which I was a finalist is just fantastic.”
You may also want to watch:
Cupcakes a la carte bakes cupcakes, celebration cakes and mini cakes which can be bought at Hill Road Food Market in Clevedon on Saturdays or from www.cupcakesalacarte.co.uk
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 6 Special school expansion progress
- 7 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 8 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 9 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 10 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset