Baker scoops awards for cupcakes
- Credit: Archant
A BACKWELL baker has picked up two prestigious awards for her scrumptious cupcakes.
Kerris Harrop, owner of Cupcakes a la carte, was runner-up in two categories at the National Cupcake Championship in Birmingham which attracted entrants from across the UK.
Kerris made lemon cupcakes in the classic category and rose-flavoured cupcakes in the theme class for Valentine’s Day.
Kerris, who started her business two years ago, is thrilled to have achieved the award.
She said: “It was an honour to have been selected as a finalist, but to be chosen as runner-up in both categories in which I was a finalist is just fantastic.”
You may also want to watch:
Cupcakes a la carte bakes cupcakes, celebration cakes and mini cakes which can be bought at Hill Road Food Market in Clevedon on Saturdays or from www.cupcakesalacarte.co.uk
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 3 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 4 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 5 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 6 Village pub conversion rejected by council
- 7 WIN: Tickets to The Courier at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 8 Live music returns to village this weekend
- 9 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 10 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign