Baker scoops awards for cupcakes
- Credit: Archant
A BACKWELL baker has picked up two prestigious awards for her scrumptious cupcakes.
Kerris Harrop, owner of Cupcakes a la carte, was runner-up in two categories at the National Cupcake Championship in Birmingham which attracted entrants from across the UK.
Kerris made lemon cupcakes in the classic category and rose-flavoured cupcakes in the theme class for Valentine’s Day.
Kerris, who started her business two years ago, is thrilled to have achieved the award.
She said: “It was an honour to have been selected as a finalist, but to be chosen as runner-up in both categories in which I was a finalist is just fantastic.”
Cupcakes a la carte bakes cupcakes, celebration cakes and mini cakes which can be bought at Hill Road Food Market in Clevedon on Saturdays or from www.cupcakesalacarte.co.uk
- 1 Storm Barra expected to bring high winds to South West
- 2 North Somerset schools receive £1,000 memorial donation
- 3 Santa routes for towns this December are revealed
- 4 'Red herrings' need to be ignored for Portishead Railway scheme
- 5 'I walked into a full-blown argument': Estate agent considering valuation charge for DIVORCING COUPLES
- 6 Clevedon School Christmas tree sale raises money for foodbank
- 7 Fatal collision in Clevedon leaves man in his 70s dead
- 8 Support for people with hidden disabilities living in North Somerset
- 9 PICTURES: Eat Nailsea festive food festival
- 10 Art gallery to host 'Clevedon artist of the year'