Baker scoops awards for cupcakes
- Credit: Archant
A BACKWELL baker has picked up two prestigious awards for her scrumptious cupcakes.
Kerris Harrop, owner of Cupcakes a la carte, was runner-up in two categories at the National Cupcake Championship in Birmingham which attracted entrants from across the UK.
Kerris made lemon cupcakes in the classic category and rose-flavoured cupcakes in the theme class for Valentine’s Day.
Kerris, who started her business two years ago, is thrilled to have achieved the award.
She said: “It was an honour to have been selected as a finalist, but to be chosen as runner-up in both categories in which I was a finalist is just fantastic.”
You may also want to watch:
Cupcakes a la carte bakes cupcakes, celebration cakes and mini cakes which can be bought at Hill Road Food Market in Clevedon on Saturdays or from www.cupcakesalacarte.co.uk
- 1 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 2 Health leaders urge people to keep following Covid guidelines as rates begin to drop in North Somerset
- 3 Business in Kenn nominated for prestigious Business Leader Awards
- 4 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 5 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
- 6 Sports clubs take on festive run for hospice
- 7 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 8 School girls creates Christmas cards for charity
- 9 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 10 Nailsea staff to complete 300km to feed families at Christmas