Swimming club wins £1,000 from building company
- Credit: Sub
Backwell Swimming Club has received £1,000 to help pay for new equipment.
Persimmon Homes, based in Portishead, match-funded a community champions application from the club.
The club has more than 180 members, from learners to competition squads, and provides swimming both for leisure and competitive swimmers at county, regional and national level.
Assistant performance coach, Colin Jackson, said: “Backwell Swimming Club is a not-for-profit sports club manned by a group of enthusiastic volunteers. We are heavily dependent on fundraising to meet professional coaching costs and equipment for our highly competitive swimmers and other members alike.
“We need to replace our mobile and fixed storage equipment – thanks to Persimmon we can now purchase it.
You may also want to watch:
“We take great pride in providing opportunities and coaching for all levels of swimmers.
“We cannot thank Persimmon enough.”
- 1 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 2 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 3 School girls creates Christmas cards for charity
- 4 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 5 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 6 Business in Kenn nominated for prestigious Business Leader Awards
- 7 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 8 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 9 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 10 Primary school shuts after staff members test positive for coronavirus