Swimming club wins £1,000 from building company
- Credit: Sub
Backwell Swimming Club has received £1,000 to help pay for new equipment.
Persimmon Homes, based in Portishead, match-funded a community champions application from the club.
The club has more than 180 members, from learners to competition squads, and provides swimming both for leisure and competitive swimmers at county, regional and national level.
Assistant performance coach, Colin Jackson, said: “Backwell Swimming Club is a not-for-profit sports club manned by a group of enthusiastic volunteers. We are heavily dependent on fundraising to meet professional coaching costs and equipment for our highly competitive swimmers and other members alike.
“We need to replace our mobile and fixed storage equipment – thanks to Persimmon we can now purchase it.
“We take great pride in providing opportunities and coaching for all levels of swimmers.
“We cannot thank Persimmon enough.”
- 1 Storm Barra expected to bring high winds to South West
- 2 North Somerset schools receive £1,000 memorial donation
- 3 Santa routes for towns this December are revealed
- 4 'Red herrings' need to be ignored for Portishead Railway scheme
- 5 'I walked into a full-blown argument': Estate agent considering valuation charge for DIVORCING COUPLES
- 6 Clevedon School Christmas tree sale raises money for foodbank
- 7 Fatal collision in Clevedon leaves man in his 70s dead
- 8 PICTURES: Eat Nailsea festive food festival
- 9 Support for people with hidden disabilities living in North Somerset
- 10 Nailsea Lions Christmas float route revealed