Swimming club wins £1,000 from building company
- Credit: Sub
Backwell Swimming Club has received £1,000 to help pay for new equipment.
Persimmon Homes, based in Portishead, match-funded a community champions application from the club.
The club has more than 180 members, from learners to competition squads, and provides swimming both for leisure and competitive swimmers at county, regional and national level.
Assistant performance coach, Colin Jackson, said: “Backwell Swimming Club is a not-for-profit sports club manned by a group of enthusiastic volunteers. We are heavily dependent on fundraising to meet professional coaching costs and equipment for our highly competitive swimmers and other members alike.
“We need to replace our mobile and fixed storage equipment – thanks to Persimmon we can now purchase it.
You may also want to watch:
“We take great pride in providing opportunities and coaching for all levels of swimmers.
“We cannot thank Persimmon enough.”
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 3 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 4 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 5 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 6 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 7 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 8 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 9 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 10 PICTURES: Hot air balloons take flight over Bristol at Fiesta Fortnight launch