Swimming club wins £1,000 from building company
- Credit: Sub
Backwell Swimming Club has received £1,000 to help pay for new equipment.
Persimmon Homes, based in Portishead, match-funded a community champions application from the club.
The club has more than 180 members, from learners to competition squads, and provides swimming both for leisure and competitive swimmers at county, regional and national level.
Assistant performance coach, Colin Jackson, said: “Backwell Swimming Club is a not-for-profit sports club manned by a group of enthusiastic volunteers. We are heavily dependent on fundraising to meet professional coaching costs and equipment for our highly competitive swimmers and other members alike.
“We need to replace our mobile and fixed storage equipment – thanks to Persimmon we can now purchase it.
You may also want to watch:
“We take great pride in providing opportunities and coaching for all levels of swimmers.
“We cannot thank Persimmon enough.”
- 1 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
- 2 Bristol Balloon Fiesta: Organisers planning 2021 event
- 3 Man with long Covid urges others to take virus seriously
- 4 May 17: Which pubs are reopening in North Somerset?
- 5 May 17: Bristol Airport 'disappointed' with green list
- 6 Lions fund noticeboard for Backwell viewpoint
- 7 Clevedon AC members enjoy Glastonbury 10k outing
- 8 Mixed fortunes for Clevedon LTC teams on league return
- 9 Call for community to support 'vital' children's hospice
- 10 LOCAL BY-ELECTION: Portishead East district and town councillors elected