Hotel rated ‘favourite newcomer’ 10 months after opening
- Credit: Submitted
A hotel in Backwell has been chosen as the best newcomer in a national guidebook.
Backwell House, in Farleigh Road, opened as a hotel in December 2016 after being changed from a family home.
It has nine en-suite bedrooms with views of the walled garden and surrounding fields.
It has been named as favourite newcomer in the Sawday’s British Hotel Awards.
Tom Bell, editor of Sawday’s British Hotels, said: “Backwell House is a stunning renovation – the entire hotel tickles your pleasure receptors with extreme determination.”
You may also want to watch:
The guide is in its 19th year, and 300 hotels across Britain were inspected for inclusion.
The guide aims to champion ‘excellence’ and ‘character’.
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 2 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 3 Estate agents invites children to create Halloween window displays
- 4 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 5 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
- 6 Portishead salon to wear all pink for breast cancer fundraiser
- 7 Life-saving equipment installed in town
- 8 Bristol Combination Vase: Nailsea & Backwell RFC looking to create history says Hill
- 9 WIN: Tickets to Cliff Richard live concert screening
- 10 Nailsea & Backwell RFC v Bristol Imperial RFC LIVE BLOG
Backwell House was given top marks by the AA last month, and its restaurant, which opened in April, has been awarded two rosettes.