Backwell House hotel awarded five gold stars from AA
- Credit: Archant
A hotel and restaurant in Backwell has been awarded five gold stars from the AA just a year after it opened.
Backwell House, in Farleigh Road, opened as a hotel in December 2016 after being transformed from a family home.
General manager Guy Williams, who runs the property on behalf of the Hobbs family, then opened up a restaurant in April.
The hotel has been given top marks by the AA and the restaurant has been awarded two rosettes, under talented chef Ross Hunter.
Guy Williams said: “We are absolutely thrilled to be recognized by the AA.
“Backwell House has been a dream project into which I’ve poured my heart and soul.
“I couldn’t be more proud of the entire team who contribute daily to its success.
You may also want to watch:
“Particularly, I am delighted for Ross, who is a brilliant chef, with boundless energy and talent. I think this is just the beginning.”
- 1 How to order free Covid home tests
- 2 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 3 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
- 4 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 5 Nailsea Cricket Club start senior nets for new season
- 6 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 7 Special school expansion progress
- 8 North Somerset and Somerset libraries reopen this week
- 9 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 10 Clevedon's first tournament of season is big hit