Backwell House hotel awarded five gold stars from AA
- Credit: Archant
A hotel and restaurant in Backwell has been awarded five gold stars from the AA just a year after it opened.
Backwell House, in Farleigh Road, opened as a hotel in December 2016 after being transformed from a family home.
General manager Guy Williams, who runs the property on behalf of the Hobbs family, then opened up a restaurant in April.
The hotel has been given top marks by the AA and the restaurant has been awarded two rosettes, under talented chef Ross Hunter.
Guy Williams said: “We are absolutely thrilled to be recognized by the AA.
“Backwell House has been a dream project into which I’ve poured my heart and soul.
“I couldn’t be more proud of the entire team who contribute daily to its success.
You may also want to watch:
“Particularly, I am delighted for Ross, who is a brilliant chef, with boundless energy and talent. I think this is just the beginning.”
- 1 Where in North Somerset can you celebrate Christmas in church this year?
- 2 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 3 Town council appeals for grit bin monitors in Portishead
- 4 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 5 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 6 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 7 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 8 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 9 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 10 Ashton & Backwell's season could "crumble" warns Jones