Backwell House hotel awarded five gold stars from AA
- Credit: Archant
A hotel and restaurant in Backwell has been awarded five gold stars from the AA just a year after it opened.
Backwell House, in Farleigh Road, opened as a hotel in December 2016 after being transformed from a family home.
General manager Guy Williams, who runs the property on behalf of the Hobbs family, then opened up a restaurant in April.
The hotel has been given top marks by the AA and the restaurant has been awarded two rosettes, under talented chef Ross Hunter.
Guy Williams said: “We are absolutely thrilled to be recognized by the AA.
“Backwell House has been a dream project into which I’ve poured my heart and soul.
“I couldn’t be more proud of the entire team who contribute daily to its success.
You may also want to watch:
“Particularly, I am delighted for Ross, who is a brilliant chef, with boundless energy and talent. I think this is just the beginning.”
- 1 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 2 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 3 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 4 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 5 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 6 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 7 Yatton development welcomes first movers
- 8 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 9 Funding ensures children benefit from healthy food and holiday clubs this summer
- 10 Nailsea pub crowned best in South West