Award hat trick for Robert John group
A NORTH Somerset hairdressing chain has picked up three coveted awards.
The Robert John Group, which has salons in Portishead, Clevedon, Yatton and Weston scored the hat trick in both regional and international events.
Stylist Ben Price, who works in the Portishead salon, returned from the World Hairdressing Championships in Paris with a bronze medal. The 22-year-old beat off stiff competition from 26 other countries to gain the award in what was his first ever world contest.
He said: “I was thrilled just to be chosen to represent Great Britain, but to come home with a bronze medal at the first attempt is a brilliant feeling.”
Following on from Ben’s success, Robert John has been named as Employer of the Year by City of Bristol College. The achievement was announced at a prestigious annual award ceremony attended by more than 500 people from a variety of industries.
You may also want to watch:
At the same event, Adam Brother aged 18, an improver with the Clevedon salon, was named top Level Two Hairdressing Apprentice of 2010.
Bob Hancock, co-owner of the hairdressing group said: “We maintain a very high standard at Robert John and by taking a keen interest in the progress of all our apprentices, we are able to offer them plenty of opportunities to excel. Ben & Adam are great examples of this and we would like to congratulate all our trainees for their commitment to the industry.”
- 1 Primary school shuts after staff members test positive for coronavirus
- 2 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 3 Portishead Town set up Community Christmas Cheer to help local town
- 4 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 5 Seek appointment with GP for persistent stomach troubles, urges NHS and Public Health England campaign
- 6 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 7 North Somerset nurses retire following more than 80 years of combined service to the NHS
- 8 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 9 Bristol Airport welcomes new testing strategy for arrivals
- 10 Impressive, four-floor detached house with sea views