Award hat trick for Robert John group
A NORTH Somerset hairdressing chain has picked up three coveted awards.
The Robert John Group, which has salons in Portishead, Clevedon, Yatton and Weston scored the hat trick in both regional and international events.
Stylist Ben Price, who works in the Portishead salon, returned from the World Hairdressing Championships in Paris with a bronze medal. The 22-year-old beat off stiff competition from 26 other countries to gain the award in what was his first ever world contest.
He said: “I was thrilled just to be chosen to represent Great Britain, but to come home with a bronze medal at the first attempt is a brilliant feeling.”
Following on from Ben’s success, Robert John has been named as Employer of the Year by City of Bristol College. The achievement was announced at a prestigious annual award ceremony attended by more than 500 people from a variety of industries.
At the same event, Adam Brother aged 18, an improver with the Clevedon salon, was named top Level Two Hairdressing Apprentice of 2010.
Bob Hancock, co-owner of the hairdressing group said: “We maintain a very high standard at Robert John and by taking a keen interest in the progress of all our apprentices, we are able to offer them plenty of opportunities to excel. Ben & Adam are great examples of this and we would like to congratulate all our trainees for their commitment to the industry.”
- 1 Fatal collision in Clevedon leaves man in his 70s dead
- 2 House of Commons gives Liam Fox reason for Portishead Rail delay
- 3 Clevedon B&M redevelopment approved, despite hundreds of objections
- 4 Santa routes for towns this December are revealed
- 5 Extension to cycling route could be approved next year
- 6 Friends opt for career change with new Backwell distillery
- 7 New Mercury and Times editor appointed
- 8 Remembrance service for crew who died in air crash
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns