Award hat trick for Robert John group
A NORTH Somerset hairdressing chain has picked up three coveted awards.
The Robert John Group, which has salons in Portishead, Clevedon, Yatton and Weston scored the hat trick in both regional and international events.
Stylist Ben Price, who works in the Portishead salon, returned from the World Hairdressing Championships in Paris with a bronze medal. The 22-year-old beat off stiff competition from 26 other countries to gain the award in what was his first ever world contest.
He said: “I was thrilled just to be chosen to represent Great Britain, but to come home with a bronze medal at the first attempt is a brilliant feeling.”
Following on from Ben’s success, Robert John has been named as Employer of the Year by City of Bristol College. The achievement was announced at a prestigious annual award ceremony attended by more than 500 people from a variety of industries.
You may also want to watch:
At the same event, Adam Brother aged 18, an improver with the Clevedon salon, was named top Level Two Hairdressing Apprentice of 2010.
Bob Hancock, co-owner of the hairdressing group said: “We maintain a very high standard at Robert John and by taking a keen interest in the progress of all our apprentices, we are able to offer them plenty of opportunities to excel. Ben & Adam are great examples of this and we would like to congratulate all our trainees for their commitment to the industry.”
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 3 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 4 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 5 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 6 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 7 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 8 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 9 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week