Award hat trick for Robert John group
A NORTH Somerset hairdressing chain has picked up three coveted awards.
The Robert John Group, which has salons in Portishead, Clevedon, Yatton and Weston scored the hat trick in both regional and international events.
Stylist Ben Price, who works in the Portishead salon, returned from the World Hairdressing Championships in Paris with a bronze medal. The 22-year-old beat off stiff competition from 26 other countries to gain the award in what was his first ever world contest.
He said: “I was thrilled just to be chosen to represent Great Britain, but to come home with a bronze medal at the first attempt is a brilliant feeling.”
Following on from Ben’s success, Robert John has been named as Employer of the Year by City of Bristol College. The achievement was announced at a prestigious annual award ceremony attended by more than 500 people from a variety of industries.
You may also want to watch:
At the same event, Adam Brother aged 18, an improver with the Clevedon salon, was named top Level Two Hairdressing Apprentice of 2010.
Bob Hancock, co-owner of the hairdressing group said: “We maintain a very high standard at Robert John and by taking a keen interest in the progress of all our apprentices, we are able to offer them plenty of opportunities to excel. Ben & Adam are great examples of this and we would like to congratulate all our trainees for their commitment to the industry.”
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 4 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 5 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 6 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 7 Special school expansion progress
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 10 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder