Food business wins award for Jamie Oliver product range
- Credit: Archant
A Flax Bourton food business which creates products carrying Jamie Oliver’s name has received a national award, rewarding the firm’s ‘commitment to innovation’.
The FSC Group, based at the former Farleigh Church, in Old Weston Road, was named the En-Route Retailer of the Year at the British Sandwich & Food-to-Go Industry Awards last month at a swanky ceremony at London's Royal Lancaster hotel.
The award came after months of hard work which saw the business create the Jamie Oliver deli2go range of products, which is stocked in Shell garages and won over the judges at 'The Sammies'.
The FSC Group's commercial director Jeremy Simpson said his team's close working relationship with its client was pivotal in the products' success, which has seen them rolled out to more than 500 Shell service stations across the country.
He said: "It's always a privilege to receive accolades from your peers and although our focus is on client relationships and product development this was a particularly nice award to receive considering the pressure we were under to deliver.
You may also want to watch:
"It has been a privilege to be involved right the way through the process with both the Shell UK team and the folks from Jamie Oliver.
"It was a huge challenge to deliver this transformational product range and we are looking forward to a long future working together."
- 1 Plans for housing on Backwell fields take step forward
- 2 Clevedon man to cycle 'own Tour De France' for breast cancer charity
- 3 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset
- 4 Popular community centre café closes
- 5 Events taking place across North Somerset
- 6 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 7 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 8 Beauty spot used as toilet
- 9 Clevedon School orders year groups to self-isolate after Covid outbreak
- 10 Circus Zyair is coming to Weston-super-Mare
The firm's 20 staff were praised for their efforts, with development chefs David Worthington and Stefano Vigo receiving commendation.
James Simpson, The FSC Group's managing director, added: "Within the food-to-go sector one of the most important measurements of a company's competence and success is how well it can innovate and come up with new product ideas.
"Our new headquarters was certainly put through its paces with this project, but not only did it come out with flying colours, it was an important visual demonstration, not only of our commitment to, but also our competence in innovation.
"I'd like to congratulate both David and Stefano who did brilliantly well and it is a great demonstration on the depth of skill and expertise we have at The FSC Group."