Award for Little Harp
A CLEVEDON pub has received an award crowning it the Inn of the Year for 2011.
The Little Harp Inn was awarded the accolade during the Greene King Awards, which the brewery holds every year.
The Elton Road establishment was up against more than 200 other pubs, which were then put in a short-list of 10.
The winner was then announced during a special dinner event on September 29.
Little Harp manager Karen Taplin said: “I was really shocked.
You may also want to watch:
“I was really enjoying the night out and then suddenly our name was called out.
“I felt really proud. It was a great honour to receive the award on behalf of our team.”
- 1 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 3 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 4 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 5 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 6 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe
- 7 Yatton development welcomes first movers
- 8 Nailsea pub crowned best in South West
- 9 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 10 Legal action starts to remove Portishead traveller camp
The awards were judged on criteria including sales, the management of the business, customer feedback and service standards.