Award for Little Harp
A CLEVEDON pub has received an award crowning it the Inn of the Year for 2011.
The Little Harp Inn was awarded the accolade during the Greene King Awards, which the brewery holds every year.
The Elton Road establishment was up against more than 200 other pubs, which were then put in a short-list of 10.
The winner was then announced during a special dinner event on September 29.
Little Harp manager Karen Taplin said: “I was really shocked.
“I was really enjoying the night out and then suddenly our name was called out.
“I felt really proud. It was a great honour to receive the award on behalf of our team.”
- 1 Monthly disco returns for people with disabilities in North Somerset
- 2 Al-fresco summer concert in Clevedon this weekend
- 3 The Hub to host open day in Portishead
- 4 COURT RESULTS: Speeding woman, 71, banned from driving
- 5 Glastonbury Festival 2022: Our review of the Worthy return...
- 6 Firm's new depot at Avonmouth creates 10 jobs
- 7 Police warn drivers ahead of M5 fuel protests
- 8 Weston woman in Commonwealth Games honour
- 9 VIDEO: Coastguard airlifts two people from Clevedon waters
- 10 Garden centre opens GOLF COURSE for shoppers
The awards were judged on criteria including sales, the management of the business, customer feedback and service standards.