Award for Little Harp
A CLEVEDON pub has received an award crowning it the Inn of the Year for 2011.
The Little Harp Inn was awarded the accolade during the Greene King Awards, which the brewery holds every year.
The Elton Road establishment was up against more than 200 other pubs, which were then put in a short-list of 10.
The winner was then announced during a special dinner event on September 29.
Little Harp manager Karen Taplin said: “I was really shocked.
You may also want to watch:
“I was really enjoying the night out and then suddenly our name was called out.
“I felt really proud. It was a great honour to receive the award on behalf of our team.”
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 2 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 3 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 4 Camera club wants new members to join
- 5 PICTURES: Nailsea farmers market birthday party
- 6 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 7 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 8 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 9 'Incredible' Nailsea & Backwell RFC win first ever Bristol Combination Vase
- 10 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel
The awards were judged on criteria including sales, the management of the business, customer feedback and service standards.