Award for Little Harp
A CLEVEDON pub has received an award crowning it the Inn of the Year for 2011.
The Little Harp Inn was awarded the accolade during the Greene King Awards, which the brewery holds every year.
The Elton Road establishment was up against more than 200 other pubs, which were then put in a short-list of 10.
The winner was then announced during a special dinner event on September 29.
Little Harp manager Karen Taplin said: “I was really shocked.
You may also want to watch:
“I was really enjoying the night out and then suddenly our name was called out.
“I felt really proud. It was a great honour to receive the award on behalf of our team.”
- 1 Where in North Somerset can you celebrate Christmas in church this year?
- 2 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 3 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 4 Town council appeals for grit bin monitors in Portishead
- 5 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 6 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 7 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 8 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 9 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 10 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
The awards were judged on criteria including sales, the management of the business, customer feedback and service standards.