Asda to open soon
A NEW Asda supermarket could open in Clevedon by the end of the year.
A planning application has been submitted to North Somerset Council to change the use of the Focus DIY site in Tweed Road from a DIY store to a food retail outlet.
The proposals also include the installation of an ATM machine and alerations to the service yard.
Since it was announced in March that Asda hoped to take over the site, the supermarket giant has been working to agree a lease with the land owner, which has now been achieved.
An Asda spokesman said: “If everything goes to plan and permission is granted, we hope to start work in September and hope to have the store open by the end of the year.”
You may also want to watch:
The shop will be smaller than Asda’s many superstores and will be called an Asda Supermarket. It could provide from 50-70 jobs.
* Let us know what you think about Asda coming to Clevedon by voting in our poll or leaving a comment below.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 4 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 5 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 6 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 7 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
- 10 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans