Asda to open soon
A NEW Asda supermarket could open in Clevedon by the end of the year.
A planning application has been submitted to North Somerset Council to change the use of the Focus DIY site in Tweed Road from a DIY store to a food retail outlet.
The proposals also include the installation of an ATM machine and alerations to the service yard.
Since it was announced in March that Asda hoped to take over the site, the supermarket giant has been working to agree a lease with the land owner, which has now been achieved.
An Asda spokesman said: “If everything goes to plan and permission is granted, we hope to start work in September and hope to have the store open by the end of the year.”
You may also want to watch:
The shop will be smaller than Asda’s many superstores and will be called an Asda Supermarket. It could provide from 50-70 jobs.
* Let us know what you think about Asda coming to Clevedon by voting in our poll or leaving a comment below.
- 1 Health leaders urge people to keep following Covid guidelines as rates begin to drop in North Somerset
- 2 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 3 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 4 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 5 Actress urges people to get behind hospice appeal
- 6 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 7 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 8 Christmas lights lift spirits in Portishead
- 9 Clevedon postie brightens community and raises cash for children's charity
- 10 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset