Art gallery come tattoo studio
AN ART gallery and tattoo studio has opened at a former dentist surgery in Portishead.
The Black Lodge has opened at 9 The Triangle, West Hill, bringing a new art interest to the area.
Owner Mark Powell, who has lived in Portishead for the past six years, said: “This is no ordinary tattoo studio, we have engaged two very talented, well-known artists Ben Stutt and Iain Sellar, to work with us at Black Lodge. This means that not only can we offer a range of bespoke tattoos, but we can also exhibit a range of works by professional artists.”
Both Ben and Iain have been commissioned to produce community street art across the South West and are regular exhibitors at a range of galleries and European art shows.
The showroom, set out like a gentleman’s lodge complete with oak flooring, Chesterfield suite and moose antlers, is a far cry from the traditional tattoo studio.
Mark, aged 39, added: “We want the general public to feel comfortable to come in and view the art on show, whether they are interested in having a tattoo or not.”
The studio is set in a well-equipped room to the rear of the premises while the front is dominated by the drawings, paintings and computer-enhanced images on display.
- 1 Police warn drivers ahead of M5 fuel protests
- 2 'Unavoidable' delays push back pier-to-pier cycle way between Weston and Clevedon
- 3 Garden centre opens GOLF COURSE for shoppers
- 4 Firm's new depot at Avonmouth creates 10 jobs
- 5 Covid cases rise: 1-in-30 estimated to be positive
- 6 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 7 Glastonbury Festival 2022: Our review of the Worthy return...
- 8 VIDEO: Coastguard airlifts two people from Clevedon waters
- 9 COURT RESULTS: Speeding woman, 71, banned from driving
- 10 Man jailed over theft and fraud at Worle butchers
Black Lodge is open six days a week from 10am to 5pm. To find out more call 01275 848503.