Art gallery come tattoo studio
AN ART gallery and tattoo studio has opened at a former dentist surgery in Portishead.
The Black Lodge has opened at 9 The Triangle, West Hill, bringing a new art interest to the area.
Owner Mark Powell, who has lived in Portishead for the past six years, said: “This is no ordinary tattoo studio, we have engaged two very talented, well-known artists Ben Stutt and Iain Sellar, to work with us at Black Lodge. This means that not only can we offer a range of bespoke tattoos, but we can also exhibit a range of works by professional artists.”
Both Ben and Iain have been commissioned to produce community street art across the South West and are regular exhibitors at a range of galleries and European art shows.
The showroom, set out like a gentleman’s lodge complete with oak flooring, Chesterfield suite and moose antlers, is a far cry from the traditional tattoo studio.
You may also want to watch:
Mark, aged 39, added: “We want the general public to feel comfortable to come in and view the art on show, whether they are interested in having a tattoo or not.”
The studio is set in a well-equipped room to the rear of the premises while the front is dominated by the drawings, paintings and computer-enhanced images on display.
- 1 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
- 2 WIN: Tickets to latest James Bond film
- 3 Procession held at beach memorial to give thanks to NHS
- 4 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival
- 5 Pupils beat parents in school fun run
- 6 Village bar open again and wants people to help keep it running
- 7 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 8 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 9 U-turn as West of England Combined Authority formally opposes Bristol Airport expansion
- 10 Duck race raises £1,000 for children's hospice
Black Lodge is open six days a week from 10am to 5pm. To find out more call 01275 848503.