Art gallery come tattoo studio
AN ART gallery and tattoo studio has opened at a former dentist surgery in Portishead.
The Black Lodge has opened at 9 The Triangle, West Hill, bringing a new art interest to the area.
Owner Mark Powell, who has lived in Portishead for the past six years, said: “This is no ordinary tattoo studio, we have engaged two very talented, well-known artists Ben Stutt and Iain Sellar, to work with us at Black Lodge. This means that not only can we offer a range of bespoke tattoos, but we can also exhibit a range of works by professional artists.”
Both Ben and Iain have been commissioned to produce community street art across the South West and are regular exhibitors at a range of galleries and European art shows.
The showroom, set out like a gentleman’s lodge complete with oak flooring, Chesterfield suite and moose antlers, is a far cry from the traditional tattoo studio.
You may also want to watch:
Mark, aged 39, added: “We want the general public to feel comfortable to come in and view the art on show, whether they are interested in having a tattoo or not.”
The studio is set in a well-equipped room to the rear of the premises while the front is dominated by the drawings, paintings and computer-enhanced images on display.
- 1 Contemporary living with lovely estuary views
- 2 Key workers awarded for their dedication during pandemic
- 3 Changes to North Somerset Council’s executive team announced
- 4 How to order free Covid home tests
- 5 Creation of 'flimsy' roles at £7,000 is 'indefensible', says North Somerset councillor
- 6 April 12: Air ambulance charity has busiest week on record
- 7 Call for new system to help people with addictions and mental health issues
- 8 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 9 Lord-Lieutenant unveils memorial to commemorate village war dead
- 10 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
Black Lodge is open six days a week from 10am to 5pm. To find out more call 01275 848503.