Art gallery come tattoo studio
AN ART gallery and tattoo studio has opened at a former dentist surgery in Portishead.
The Black Lodge has opened at 9 The Triangle, West Hill, bringing a new art interest to the area.
Owner Mark Powell, who has lived in Portishead for the past six years, said: “This is no ordinary tattoo studio, we have engaged two very talented, well-known artists Ben Stutt and Iain Sellar, to work with us at Black Lodge. This means that not only can we offer a range of bespoke tattoos, but we can also exhibit a range of works by professional artists.”
Both Ben and Iain have been commissioned to produce community street art across the South West and are regular exhibitors at a range of galleries and European art shows.
The showroom, set out like a gentleman’s lodge complete with oak flooring, Chesterfield suite and moose antlers, is a far cry from the traditional tattoo studio.
Mark, aged 39, added: “We want the general public to feel comfortable to come in and view the art on show, whether they are interested in having a tattoo or not.”
The studio is set in a well-equipped room to the rear of the premises while the front is dominated by the drawings, paintings and computer-enhanced images on display.
- 1 Construction training centre opens in Portishead
- 2 Appeal launched to save town's Christmas light displays
- 3 Taxpayers paid £60k for Liam Fox's failed bid for WTO job: Reports
- 4 Portishead-Bristol bus plan would save £100 MILLION, campaigner claims
- 5 Work on new Cheddar pump track set to begin
- 6 Burglars target 24 properties in North Somerset area
- 7 New Clevedon charity is helping to create the scientists of the future
- 8 Court rules that Baytree School expansion can go ahead
- 9 Clevedon Lions Dream Scheme has opened to help good causes
- 10 Geocaching added to Nailsea Heritage Trail
Black Lodge is open six days a week from 10am to 5pm. To find out more call 01275 848503.