Art classes to be hosted at Clevedon School
- Credit: Supplied
Staff and parents of Clevedon School pupils have started evening arts and crafts sessions.
Roz Peacock, head of textiles at the school, and its textiles technician Ellie Murray are going to host dress-making classes for adults across a six-week period starting next month.
Ellie is keen to encourage novices to take part.
She said: “Over the six weeks, students cover the basics of using the sewing machines and overlockers, using a commercial pattern, and ultimately making themselves a garment to wear.
“The course is aimed at beginners and those who wish to refresh existing skills.”
You may also want to watch:
Artist Trudie Hawkins has also started a six-week evening course in portrait drawing and painting.
She added: “The course is aimed at anyone with an interest in portraiture, and all levels of skill and ability are welcome.”
- 1 Health leaders urge people to keep following Covid guidelines as rates begin to drop in North Somerset
- 2 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 3 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 4 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 5 Actress urges people to get behind hospice appeal
- 6 Business in Kenn nominated for prestigious Business Leader Awards
- 7 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 8 Christmas lights lift spirits in Portishead
- 9 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 10 Nailsea runs virtual Christmas fair
The next classes will be held at Clevedon School, in Valley Road, at 6.30pm from September 13 to October 18.