Art classes to be hosted at Clevedon School
- Credit: Supplied
Staff and parents of Clevedon School pupils have started evening arts and crafts sessions.
Roz Peacock, head of textiles at the school, and its textiles technician Ellie Murray are going to host dress-making classes for adults across a six-week period starting next month.
Ellie is keen to encourage novices to take part.
She said: “Over the six weeks, students cover the basics of using the sewing machines and overlockers, using a commercial pattern, and ultimately making themselves a garment to wear.
“The course is aimed at beginners and those who wish to refresh existing skills.”
You may also want to watch:
Artist Trudie Hawkins has also started a six-week evening course in portrait drawing and painting.
She added: “The course is aimed at anyone with an interest in portraiture, and all levels of skill and ability are welcome.”
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 4 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 5 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 6 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 7 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 10 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
The next classes will be held at Clevedon School, in Valley Road, at 6.30pm from September 13 to October 18.