Art classes to be hosted at Clevedon School
- Credit: Supplied
Staff and parents of Clevedon School pupils have started evening arts and crafts sessions.
Roz Peacock, head of textiles at the school, and its textiles technician Ellie Murray are going to host dress-making classes for adults across a six-week period starting next month.
Ellie is keen to encourage novices to take part.
She said: “Over the six weeks, students cover the basics of using the sewing machines and overlockers, using a commercial pattern, and ultimately making themselves a garment to wear.
“The course is aimed at beginners and those who wish to refresh existing skills.”
You may also want to watch:
Artist Trudie Hawkins has also started a six-week evening course in portrait drawing and painting.
She added: “The course is aimed at anyone with an interest in portraiture, and all levels of skill and ability are welcome.”
- 1 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 2 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 3 Responses to Portishead Lake Grounds consultation published
- 4 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 5 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 6 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 7 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 8 Estate agents invites children to create Halloween window displays
- 9 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 10 Ashton & Backwell United bow out of Buildbase FA Vase after Bemerton Heath Harlequins defeat
The next classes will be held at Clevedon School, in Valley Road, at 6.30pm from September 13 to October 18.