Art classes to be hosted at Clevedon School
- Credit: Supplied
Staff and parents of Clevedon School pupils have started evening arts and crafts sessions.
Roz Peacock, head of textiles at the school, and its textiles technician Ellie Murray are going to host dress-making classes for adults across a six-week period starting next month.
Ellie is keen to encourage novices to take part.
She said: “Over the six weeks, students cover the basics of using the sewing machines and overlockers, using a commercial pattern, and ultimately making themselves a garment to wear.
“The course is aimed at beginners and those who wish to refresh existing skills.”
You may also want to watch:
Artist Trudie Hawkins has also started a six-week evening course in portrait drawing and painting.
She added: “The course is aimed at anyone with an interest in portraiture, and all levels of skill and ability are welcome.”
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 3 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 4 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 5 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 6 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 7 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 8 Medal joy for North Somerset athletes at English Schools Championships
- 9 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 10 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
The next classes will be held at Clevedon School, in Valley Road, at 6.30pm from September 13 to October 18.