Art classes to be hosted at Clevedon School
- Credit: Supplied
Staff and parents of Clevedon School pupils have started evening arts and crafts sessions.
Roz Peacock, head of textiles at the school, and its textiles technician Ellie Murray are going to host dress-making classes for adults across a six-week period starting next month.
Ellie is keen to encourage novices to take part.
She said: “Over the six weeks, students cover the basics of using the sewing machines and overlockers, using a commercial pattern, and ultimately making themselves a garment to wear.
“The course is aimed at beginners and those who wish to refresh existing skills.”
Artist Trudie Hawkins has also started a six-week evening course in portrait drawing and painting.
She added: “The course is aimed at anyone with an interest in portraiture, and all levels of skill and ability are welcome.”
- 1 Van destroyed by fire on busy village route
- 2 Busy route to Bristol to close for roadworks next week
- 3 Two more leave Portishead Town Council over 'in-person' controversy
- 4 New chair elected at North Somerset Council
- 5 Nailsea's Trendlewood Park needs volunteers
- 6 Gardens on view for Clevedon wildlife trail
- 7 Plan for nine homes near tourist attraction refused
- 8 Snoopy is coming to North Somerset...
- 9 Full line-up of Weston Air Show revealed
- 10 Record-breaking North Somerset AC keep on delivering success
The next classes will be held at Clevedon School, in Valley Road, at 6.30pm from September 13 to October 18.