Architect’s charity efforts
- Credit: supplied
A CLEVEDON architect has raised hundreds of pounds for charity and is hoping to continue adding to the total.
Doug Fowler has taken part in the Architect in the House scheme for more than five years and has raised £800 for the homeless charity, Shelter, as a result.
Architect in the House is a joint initiative between the charity and the Royal Institute of British Architects.
It allows homeowners to receive an hour consultation with a participating architect in return for a suggested £45 donation to Shelter.
Doug said: “In 2012, I carried out 18 visits which resulted in over £800 being raised for Shelter. I would like to pass the £1,000 mark in 2013.
You may also want to watch:
“I urge anyone in North Somerset and surrounding areas who is thinking of undertaking work on their home, to use an architect who has signed up for Architect in the House. We can help people unleash the potential of their homes while helping those with more significant housing problems.”
For more details call 01275 349076 or visit www.architectinthehouse.org.uk
- 1 Health leaders urge people to keep following Covid guidelines as rates begin to drop in North Somerset
- 2 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 3 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 4 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 5 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 6 Actress urges people to get behind hospice appeal
- 7 Sports clubs take on festive run for hospice
- 8 Clevedon postie brightens community and raises cash for children's charity
- 9 Nailsea staff to complete 300km to feed families at Christmas
- 10 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait