Alumni returns to lead Portishead drama group
- Credit: Archant
A former alumni of a Portishead drama group has returned to lead it.
Fae McIntyre has taken over at Stagecoach Portishead and hopes to inspire the next generation of actors having been a student there in the early 2000s.
She said: “I grew up in Nailsea and went to Nailsea School and was a Stagecoach Portishead student with Tuppence Middleton (Dickensian and The Imitation Game).
“I left after my GCSEs and studied dance at Filton College for two years before going to Paul McCartney’s LIPA arts school and then onto train at Liverpool Theatre School on a scholarship for three years.”
She has also worked as a drama teacher and choreographed performances at the Bristol Hippodrome.
You may also want to watch:
Fae said: “The opportunity came up to buy Stagecoach Portishead, so I took it.
“It’s really special and personal to me and it’s a fantastic feeling knowing I’ve done a full circle.”
- 1 Where in North Somerset can you celebrate Christmas in church this year?
- 2 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 3 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 4 Town council appeals for grit bin monitors in Portishead
- 5 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 6 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 7 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 8 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 9 COVID-19 vaccines hold the key to the road back towards normality
- 10 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features