Alumni returns to lead Portishead drama group
- Credit: Archant
A former alumni of a Portishead drama group has returned to lead it.
Fae McIntyre has taken over at Stagecoach Portishead and hopes to inspire the next generation of actors having been a student there in the early 2000s.
She said: “I grew up in Nailsea and went to Nailsea School and was a Stagecoach Portishead student with Tuppence Middleton (Dickensian and The Imitation Game).
“I left after my GCSEs and studied dance at Filton College for two years before going to Paul McCartney’s LIPA arts school and then onto train at Liverpool Theatre School on a scholarship for three years.”
She has also worked as a drama teacher and choreographed performances at the Bristol Hippodrome.
Fae said: “The opportunity came up to buy Stagecoach Portishead, so I took it.
“It’s really special and personal to me and it’s a fantastic feeling knowing I’ve done a full circle.”
- 1 Man completely covers his house with festive lights to 'spread Christmas cheer'
- 2 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 3 Three-day Christmas market coming to North Somerset
- 4 Clevedon bookshop to launch grant scheme
- 5 How a family-run funeral directors can help to provide peace of mind
- 6 'Historic' Down Syndrome bill set to become law
- 7 Portishead retailer's suitcase appeal to support vulnerable African children
- 8 Christmas lights to be switched on in Clevedon this weekend
- 9 Clevedon family braves cold water challenge in memory of grandad
- 10 Doctors surgery to get revamp