Alumni returns to lead Portishead drama group
- Credit: Archant
A former alumni of a Portishead drama group has returned to lead it.
Fae McIntyre has taken over at Stagecoach Portishead and hopes to inspire the next generation of actors having been a student there in the early 2000s.
She said: “I grew up in Nailsea and went to Nailsea School and was a Stagecoach Portishead student with Tuppence Middleton (Dickensian and The Imitation Game).
“I left after my GCSEs and studied dance at Filton College for two years before going to Paul McCartney’s LIPA arts school and then onto train at Liverpool Theatre School on a scholarship for three years.”
She has also worked as a drama teacher and choreographed performances at the Bristol Hippodrome.
You may also want to watch:
Fae said: “The opportunity came up to buy Stagecoach Portishead, so I took it.
“It’s really special and personal to me and it’s a fantastic feeling knowing I’ve done a full circle.”
- 1 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 3 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 4 Funding ensures children benefit from healthy food and holiday clubs this summer
- 5 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 6 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 7 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 8 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe
- 9 Sections of historic Portishead railway line to be reused for project
- 10 Yatton development welcomes first movers