Alumni returns to lead Portishead drama group
- Credit: Archant
A former alumni of a Portishead drama group has returned to lead it.
Fae McIntyre has taken over at Stagecoach Portishead and hopes to inspire the next generation of actors having been a student there in the early 2000s.
She said: “I grew up in Nailsea and went to Nailsea School and was a Stagecoach Portishead student with Tuppence Middleton (Dickensian and The Imitation Game).
“I left after my GCSEs and studied dance at Filton College for two years before going to Paul McCartney’s LIPA arts school and then onto train at Liverpool Theatre School on a scholarship for three years.”
She has also worked as a drama teacher and choreographed performances at the Bristol Hippodrome.
You may also want to watch:
Fae said: “The opportunity came up to buy Stagecoach Portishead, so I took it.
“It’s really special and personal to me and it’s a fantastic feeling knowing I’ve done a full circle.”
- 1 How to order free Covid home tests
- 2 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 3 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
- 4 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 5 Nailsea Cricket Club start senior nets for new season
- 6 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 7 Special school expansion progress
- 8 North Somerset and Somerset libraries reopen this week
- 9 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 10 Clevedon's first tournament of season is big hit