Alliance Homes take on three challenges to raise cash for homeless
- Credit: Archant
A Portishead company is cycling, running and swimming great lengths to support less well off people.
Alliance Homes’ staff have been undertaking some major physical challenges to raise money for the homeless.
More than 20 colleagues have taken part, and the fundraising challenge began with a mammoth bike ride.
Cyclists rode approximately 200 miles from Land’s End to Portishead, before the walking team took up the next leg.
It completed the 25-mile Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge and there is now a swimming task to undertake.
You may also want to watch:
Alliance Homes hoped to raise £500 and it is on course to beat that target.
Employee Charlotte Trewin said: “It has been a great experience and brilliant to think we have raised so much.
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 3 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 4 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 5 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 6 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 7 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 8 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 9 How to order free Covid home tests
- 10 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
“There’s been a huge sense of achievement and the opportunity to get to know colleagues in a way that has been social and fun plus we are all a lot fitter now.”