Alliance Homes staff ride from Portishead to Paris
- Credit: Archant
Two Nailsea cyclists were part of a mammoth fundraising cycle ride carried out by Alliance Homes.
Allan Milnes and Mick Capern joined other riders from Weston, Bristol and other parts in the South West, as the housing firm did a charity bike trek in aid of its own in-house charitable trust.
The cyclists rode from Portishead to Paris last week.
About £5,000 has been raised so far through sponsorship.
The money will go towards paying for basic items for the least fortunate, including chairs, beds, blankets, and kettles.
You may also want to watch:
Mike Nicholls at Alliance Homes said these items that many of us take for granted will make a huge difference to those people who receive them.
He said: “The fund means that our employees are able to provide those in urgent need with up to £75 worth of essential goods and equipment, without which many people in the local community would find themselves in a much harder position.”
- 1 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 2 Portishead Big Clean returns this weekend
- 3 Mental health services to help people cope in lockdown
- 4 Man due in court after cars stolen in burglary
- 5 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 6 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 7 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 8 Plans launched to upgrade village's Recreation Club
- 9 'Every time you are active, your mental health improves'
- 10 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
The riders managed to complete the journey in just four days and they arrived in the French capital on July 12.