Alliance Homes staff ride from Portishead to Paris
- Credit: Archant
Two Nailsea cyclists were part of a mammoth fundraising cycle ride carried out by Alliance Homes.
Allan Milnes and Mick Capern joined other riders from Weston, Bristol and other parts in the South West, as the housing firm did a charity bike trek in aid of its own in-house charitable trust.
The cyclists rode from Portishead to Paris last week.
About £5,000 has been raised so far through sponsorship.
The money will go towards paying for basic items for the least fortunate, including chairs, beds, blankets, and kettles.
You may also want to watch:
Mike Nicholls at Alliance Homes said these items that many of us take for granted will make a huge difference to those people who receive them.
He said: “The fund means that our employees are able to provide those in urgent need with up to £75 worth of essential goods and equipment, without which many people in the local community would find themselves in a much harder position.”
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 3 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 4 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 5 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 6 Clevedon CC captain Lintott selected by Southern Brave to play in The Hundred
- 7 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 8 Carpenter wants top Clevedon performance for President's Day
- 9 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 10 Save Weston Big Wood gatherings this weekend
The riders managed to complete the journey in just four days and they arrived in the French capital on July 12.