Alliance Homes staff ride from Portishead to Paris
- Credit: Archant
Two Nailsea cyclists were part of a mammoth fundraising cycle ride carried out by Alliance Homes.
Allan Milnes and Mick Capern joined other riders from Weston, Bristol and other parts in the South West, as the housing firm did a charity bike trek in aid of its own in-house charitable trust.
The cyclists rode from Portishead to Paris last week.
About £5,000 has been raised so far through sponsorship.
The money will go towards paying for basic items for the least fortunate, including chairs, beds, blankets, and kettles.
Mike Nicholls at Alliance Homes said these items that many of us take for granted will make a huge difference to those people who receive them.
He said: “The fund means that our employees are able to provide those in urgent need with up to £75 worth of essential goods and equipment, without which many people in the local community would find themselves in a much harder position.”
- 1 Winners of Clevedon artist of the year announced
- 2 Public urged to review sites allocated for housing in North Somerset
- 3 Free Platinum Jubilee events in Portishead
- 4 LETTER: 'Has our council become a dictatorship?'
- 5 Specialist pre-school in Clevedon rated 'outstanding' by inspectors
- 6 'Rundown' school play area given major refurb after campaign fundraises £10,000
- 7 Clifton music festival returns after Covid hiatus
- 8 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 9 Named: 52 people fined for dropping cigarettes and dogs off leads
- 10 Superb, high-spec house in a Nailsea hotspot
The riders managed to complete the journey in just four days and they arrived in the French capital on July 12.