Alliance Homes staff ride from Portishead to Paris
- Credit: Archant
Two Nailsea cyclists were part of a mammoth fundraising cycle ride carried out by Alliance Homes.
Allan Milnes and Mick Capern joined other riders from Weston, Bristol and other parts in the South West, as the housing firm did a charity bike trek in aid of its own in-house charitable trust.
The cyclists rode from Portishead to Paris last week.
About £5,000 has been raised so far through sponsorship.
The money will go towards paying for basic items for the least fortunate, including chairs, beds, blankets, and kettles.
You may also want to watch:
Mike Nicholls at Alliance Homes said these items that many of us take for granted will make a huge difference to those people who receive them.
He said: “The fund means that our employees are able to provide those in urgent need with up to £75 worth of essential goods and equipment, without which many people in the local community would find themselves in a much harder position.”
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 2 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 3 Estate agents invites children to create Halloween window displays
- 4 Portishead salon to wear all pink for breast cancer fundraiser
- 5 Life-saving equipment installed in town
- 6 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
- 7 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 8 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 9 Countryside charity condemns plan to build 600 homes in village
- 10 Bristol Combination Vase: Nailsea & Backwell RFC looking to create history says Hill
The riders managed to complete the journey in just four days and they arrived in the French capital on July 12.