Alliance Homes staff ride from Portishead to Paris
- Credit: Archant
Two Nailsea cyclists were part of a mammoth fundraising cycle ride carried out by Alliance Homes.
Allan Milnes and Mick Capern joined other riders from Weston, Bristol and other parts in the South West, as the housing firm did a charity bike trek in aid of its own in-house charitable trust.
The cyclists rode from Portishead to Paris last week.
About £5,000 has been raised so far through sponsorship.
The money will go towards paying for basic items for the least fortunate, including chairs, beds, blankets, and kettles.
You may also want to watch:
Mike Nicholls at Alliance Homes said these items that many of us take for granted will make a huge difference to those people who receive them.
He said: “The fund means that our employees are able to provide those in urgent need with up to £75 worth of essential goods and equipment, without which many people in the local community would find themselves in a much harder position.”
- 1 Stunning and modern four-bedroom home near open countryside
- 2 Nailsea church awarded grant for repairs and reopening
- 3 Chief constable's bid to overturn ruling on PC's racist language dismissed
- 4 Carpenter praises Clevedon following success over Chippenham
- 5 May 17: Entertainment venues across North Somerset reopening
- 6 Nailsea teacher publishes book on cycling challenge
- 7 Portishead Open Air Pool to reopen on Friday
- 8 Man with long Covid urges others to take virus seriously
- 9 Suspension bridge to close for maintenance
- 10 LOCAL BY-ELECTION: Portishead East district and town councillors elected
The riders managed to complete the journey in just four days and they arrived in the French capital on July 12.