Al fresco dining at Venga
- Credit: Archant
A PORTISHEAD tapas bar is hoping for a long summer after introducing alfresco dining to its High Street premises.
Six months after opening, Venga Tapas in the town’s High Street is enhancing its already popular dining experience by opening The Venga Garden.
The previously overgrown garden has seen a major facelift in recent months, adding to the Mediterranean ambience.
The tiered and landscaped garden at the rear of the property, which includes soft lighting and garden sofas, will see the introduction of paella, freshly cooked ‘al fresco’ from a large outdoor paella pan at regular intervals during the day and evening.
Mike Yeatman, who co-owns Venga with his wife Chris, said: “The aim of the garden is to add something different to Portishead High Street, where adults can go and relax.
You may also want to watch:
“During the summer afternoons we will be serving Tattinger Cream Teas and plan to hold regular events such as suckling pig barbecues and pinchos nights.”
Pinchos are small skewered snacks normally served in northern Spain. The garden is also available for private hire.
- 1 How to order free Covid home tests
- 2 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 3 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
- 4 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 5 Nailsea Cricket Club start senior nets for new season
- 6 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 7 Special school expansion progress
- 8 North Somerset and Somerset libraries reopen this week
- 9 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 10 Clevedon's first tournament of season is big hit