Al fresco dining at Venga
- Credit: Archant
A PORTISHEAD tapas bar is hoping for a long summer after introducing alfresco dining to its High Street premises.
Six months after opening, Venga Tapas in the town’s High Street is enhancing its already popular dining experience by opening The Venga Garden.
The previously overgrown garden has seen a major facelift in recent months, adding to the Mediterranean ambience.
The tiered and landscaped garden at the rear of the property, which includes soft lighting and garden sofas, will see the introduction of paella, freshly cooked ‘al fresco’ from a large outdoor paella pan at regular intervals during the day and evening.
Mike Yeatman, who co-owns Venga with his wife Chris, said: “The aim of the garden is to add something different to Portishead High Street, where adults can go and relax.
You may also want to watch:
“During the summer afternoons we will be serving Tattinger Cream Teas and plan to hold regular events such as suckling pig barbecues and pinchos nights.”
Pinchos are small skewered snacks normally served in northern Spain. The garden is also available for private hire.
- 1 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 2 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 3 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 4 Where in North Somerset can you celebrate Christmas in church this year?
- 5 Businesses urged to claim coronavirus grants
- 6 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 7 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 8 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 9 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 10 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools