Al fresco dining at Venga
- Credit: Archant
A PORTISHEAD tapas bar is hoping for a long summer after introducing alfresco dining to its High Street premises.
Six months after opening, Venga Tapas in the town’s High Street is enhancing its already popular dining experience by opening The Venga Garden.
The previously overgrown garden has seen a major facelift in recent months, adding to the Mediterranean ambience.
The tiered and landscaped garden at the rear of the property, which includes soft lighting and garden sofas, will see the introduction of paella, freshly cooked ‘al fresco’ from a large outdoor paella pan at regular intervals during the day and evening.
Mike Yeatman, who co-owns Venga with his wife Chris, said: “The aim of the garden is to add something different to Portishead High Street, where adults can go and relax.
You may also want to watch:
“During the summer afternoons we will be serving Tattinger Cream Teas and plan to hold regular events such as suckling pig barbecues and pinchos nights.”
Pinchos are small skewered snacks normally served in northern Spain. The garden is also available for private hire.
- 1 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 2 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 3 Beautiful Edwardian villa near Clevedon's seafront
- 4 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 5 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 6 Camera club wants new members to join
- 7 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 8 New officer verification process introduced by police
- 9 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 10 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea