Airport hotel ‘open for Christmas’
- Credit: Archant
Bristol Airport’s chief executive has announced its new 201-room Hilton hotel will be open by the end of 2016.
Hilton Worldwide and Chinese construction firm CIMC reached the halfway mark earlier this month in building the airport’s first hotel, which will operate under the budget Hampton by Hilton brand.
The hotel’s rooms are built in China and then shipped across to the UK, where they are then fully assembled on-site. The rooms are made from former shipping containers, but are fully fitted out with high-quality furniture, electrical goods and a bathroom.
Robert Sinclair, the airport’s chief executive officer, said the hotel will provide an excellent opportunity for passengers who have travelled long distances to fly from Bristol.
Mr Sinclair led a preview of the site on April 14, where business partners and the Times were treated to a tour around the new facility.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “It is a really important day as we are in the middle of the biggest construction project ever in the history of Bristol Airport.
“Our hotel is only 100m from the terminal and it will be open in time for Christmas.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 6 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 7 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 8 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 9 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 10 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
“For us it is really exciting, particularly as our catchment area has just kept growing and growing. For passengers driving a bit further afield, they can drive here the night before, stay in a great room and have a relaxing start to their holiday.
“Thirty per cent of our passengers fly before 9am, so for them it is a great opportunity to have that relaxing experience and that’s what we’re really focused on.”