Adventure golf course at garden centre site?
- Credit: Archant
A 15-hole pirate adventure golf course could be built at Congresbury’s Cadbury Garden Centre if an application for outline planning permission is approved.
The proposed course would include features such as waterfalls, ponds, a ship and a bridge.
Applicant Weller Designs said in its design and access statement the course would be a family-friendly activity which would also prove an ideal ‘introduction’ into golfing for young players.
The statement said: “The proposed adventure golf facility is very much a family-orientated leisure pursuit and will appeal to every age.
“As a socially-enjoyable leisure pursuit, it is relaxed and fun and has none of the perhaps ‘intimidating’ aspects of normal golf, but (provides) an introduction to the sport of golf itself with the health benefits which accompany it.
You may also want to watch:
“Adventure golf is proven to be a very popular leisure pastime. It is a place to relax, have fun and spend quality time with the family.”
The proposed adventure golf course site is used by the Smallway centre to store materials and display landscaping equipment.
- 1 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 2 Responses to Portishead Lake Grounds consultation published
- 3 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 4 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 5 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 6 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 7 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 8 Ashton & Backwell United bow out of Buildbase FA Vase after Bemerton Heath Harlequins defeat
- 9 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 10 Beautiful Edwardian villa near Clevedon's seafront
Weller Designs said the course would create more jobs at the centre and would improve Cadbury’s long-term prospects.
Congresbury Parish Council voted to recommend North Somerset Council grants planning permission.