A perfect guide to help busy parents
A NEW information website for parents and carers in Portishead has been launched by two mums from the town.
Practically Perfect Mums aims to provide a comprehensive online guide to activities for families with young children in the local area.
It has been set up by Jane Batt and Rachel McClary, who became friends after meeting at a bumps and babes group with their first children.
Jane said: “Like most modern mums, my life is very busy and when my children and I find ourselves with a free time slot I want to have access to a comprehensive guide to activities in our local area so I can be sure we make the most of our valuable time.”
When Jane could not find what she was looking for she came up with the idea of Practically Perfect Mums.
You may also want to watch:
It draws together information about local activities, groups and events and presents it in a simple, what’s on guide.
The website also offers practical advice, handy tips, competitions and Mumschat, which provides an opportunity for parents to exchange information.
- 1 Masked man caught spying on couple in North Somerset village
- 2 Staff working 'tirelessly' to reopen school after 'catastrophic' flood damage
- 3 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 4 Clevedon's home match with Gordano will be 'hugely proud moment' for Owen
- 5 North Somerset mortgage firm named UK's number one broker for outstanding customer outcomes
- 6 Funds of £20k available for North Somerset groups
- 7 Care home enjoys visit from donkey
- 8 Gordano RFC maintain perfect start to season with Cleve RFC win
- 9 Charity gains national recognition at awards
- 10 Midwives move to new base in children's centre
Jane added: “The name Practically Perfect Mums is a tongue-in-cheek reference to the chaos that ensues when looking after young children.
“None of us are perfect but we can support each other and so, feedback, relevant discussion and user comments will be actively encouraged.”
Jane, a mum to three boys, has a career background in TV and video production, while Rachel is mum to three girls and writes a successful Parenting and Early Education blog Right From The Start. Last year she wrote a bedtime story for a charity book and is currently writing her first children’s book.
To find out more about Practically Perfect Mums contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the site at www.practicallyperfectmums.co.uk