A perfect guide to help busy parents
A NEW information website for parents and carers in Portishead has been launched by two mums from the town.
Practically Perfect Mums aims to provide a comprehensive online guide to activities for families with young children in the local area.
It has been set up by Jane Batt and Rachel McClary, who became friends after meeting at a bumps and babes group with their first children.
Jane said: “Like most modern mums, my life is very busy and when my children and I find ourselves with a free time slot I want to have access to a comprehensive guide to activities in our local area so I can be sure we make the most of our valuable time.”
When Jane could not find what she was looking for she came up with the idea of Practically Perfect Mums.
You may also want to watch:
It draws together information about local activities, groups and events and presents it in a simple, what’s on guide.
The website also offers practical advice, handy tips, competitions and Mumschat, which provides an opportunity for parents to exchange information.
- 1 Mixed fortunes for Backwell Flax Bourton sides
- 2 Charlie Rich: Ashton & Backwell United name Rich as Stuart Jones' replacement
- 3 Suspension bridge to close for maintenance
- 4 Goff comes good in Clevedon Sailing Club's Town Plate
- 5 May 17: Pubs reopen indoors and coaches set off on first holidays
- 6 What can I do when Covid lockdown eases on May 17?
- 7 May 17: Backwell pool reopens after £400k works
- 8 ‘Perfect tribute’ as Clevedon Pier named pier of the year
- 9 Rapid Covid testing service goes mobile to reach more people across North Somerset
- 10 Vaccine does work against Indian variant, says health secretary
Jane added: “The name Practically Perfect Mums is a tongue-in-cheek reference to the chaos that ensues when looking after young children.
“None of us are perfect but we can support each other and so, feedback, relevant discussion and user comments will be actively encouraged.”
Jane, a mum to three boys, has a career background in TV and video production, while Rachel is mum to three girls and writes a successful Parenting and Early Education blog Right From The Start. Last year she wrote a bedtime story for a charity book and is currently writing her first children’s book.
To find out more about Practically Perfect Mums contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the site at www.practicallyperfectmums.co.uk