A perfect guide to help busy parents
A NEW information website for parents and carers in Portishead has been launched by two mums from the town.
Practically Perfect Mums aims to provide a comprehensive online guide to activities for families with young children in the local area.
It has been set up by Jane Batt and Rachel McClary, who became friends after meeting at a bumps and babes group with their first children.
Jane said: “Like most modern mums, my life is very busy and when my children and I find ourselves with a free time slot I want to have access to a comprehensive guide to activities in our local area so I can be sure we make the most of our valuable time.”
When Jane could not find what she was looking for she came up with the idea of Practically Perfect Mums.
It draws together information about local activities, groups and events and presents it in a simple, what’s on guide.
The website also offers practical advice, handy tips, competitions and Mumschat, which provides an opportunity for parents to exchange information.
- 1 More than 20 people fined for discarding fags and off-lead dogs
- 2 Woman dies after collision in Clevedon
- 3 Petition launched to halt planned bus cuts in North Somerset
- 4 Councillors hit back at proposed bus cuts in North Somerset
- 5 Cost of living crisis: What to do if you can't pay your bills
- 6 Bus companies to face Portishead residents at fourth meeting
- 7 'Extreme heat' warning issued for Somerset
- 8 Pictures: Clevedon care home celebrates summer fete
- 9 Deal means Portishead to Bristol rail line will open in 2026
- 10 Cleeve take over at top of table as Want and Cole shine
Jane added: “The name Practically Perfect Mums is a tongue-in-cheek reference to the chaos that ensues when looking after young children.
“None of us are perfect but we can support each other and so, feedback, relevant discussion and user comments will be actively encouraged.”
Jane, a mum to three boys, has a career background in TV and video production, while Rachel is mum to three girls and writes a successful Parenting and Early Education blog Right From The Start. Last year she wrote a bedtime story for a charity book and is currently writing her first children’s book.
To find out more about Practically Perfect Mums contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the site at www.practicallyperfectmums.co.uk