A perfect guide to help busy parents
A NEW information website for parents and carers in Portishead has been launched by two mums from the town.
Practically Perfect Mums aims to provide a comprehensive online guide to activities for families with young children in the local area.
It has been set up by Jane Batt and Rachel McClary, who became friends after meeting at a bumps and babes group with their first children.
Jane said: “Like most modern mums, my life is very busy and when my children and I find ourselves with a free time slot I want to have access to a comprehensive guide to activities in our local area so I can be sure we make the most of our valuable time.”
When Jane could not find what she was looking for she came up with the idea of Practically Perfect Mums.
You may also want to watch:
It draws together information about local activities, groups and events and presents it in a simple, what’s on guide.
The website also offers practical advice, handy tips, competitions and Mumschat, which provides an opportunity for parents to exchange information.
- 1 Health leaders urge people to keep following Covid guidelines as rates begin to drop in North Somerset
- 2 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 3 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 4 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 5 Actress urges people to get behind hospice appeal
- 6 Business in Kenn nominated for prestigious Business Leader Awards
- 7 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 8 Nailsea runs virtual Christmas fair
- 9 Christmas lights lift spirits in Portishead
- 10 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
Jane added: “The name Practically Perfect Mums is a tongue-in-cheek reference to the chaos that ensues when looking after young children.
“None of us are perfect but we can support each other and so, feedback, relevant discussion and user comments will be actively encouraged.”
Jane, a mum to three boys, has a career background in TV and video production, while Rachel is mum to three girls and writes a successful Parenting and Early Education blog Right From The Start. Last year she wrote a bedtime story for a charity book and is currently writing her first children’s book.
To find out more about Practically Perfect Mums contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the site at www.practicallyperfectmums.co.uk