80 carers sought as company expands
- Credit: Archant
A COMPANY providing care for older people in North Somerset has announced plans to double its workforce, creating 80 new jobs in the district.
Home Instead Senior Care operates from a base in Long Ashton and provides services for people living in Bristol and North Somerset, including in Portishead, Clevedon, Nailsea, Yatton, Backwell, Pill and Failand.
It has been looking after older people in the area for the past three years and has seen its client list grow rapidly.
As a result, it will soon be looking for people to fill an additional 80 caregiver roles.
Home Instead in Bristol owner Sergio Mesen said: “We have found that word of mouth has been an extremely powerful tool, which has contributed to the vast majority of our business but we just can’t keep up with the demand for our services.
You may also want to watch:
“I think that older people and their families are becoming more aware of the quality care options that are available to them.
“They realise that they do not have to accept a standard ‘one size fits all’ solution of short-duration, task-based care and are looking to at-home care to help their family members live more independently for longer.
- 1 Health leaders urge people to keep following Covid guidelines as rates begin to drop in North Somerset
- 2 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 3 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 4 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 5 Festive display brightens shopping areas across Clevedon
- 6 Actress urges people to get behind hospice appeal
- 7 Sports clubs take on festive run for hospice
- 8 Clevedon postie brightens community and raises cash for children's charity
- 9 Nailsea staff to complete 300km to feed families at Christmas
- 10 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
“Sometimes all that’s required is a little help with housework and a bit of company, rather than a complex care plan and I believe that remaining in familiar surroundings can make a huge difference to older people’s health.”
For more details visit www.homeinstead.co.uk/bristol or call 01275 391300