80 carers sought as company expands
- Credit: Archant
A COMPANY providing care for older people in North Somerset has announced plans to double its workforce, creating 80 new jobs in the district.
Home Instead Senior Care operates from a base in Long Ashton and provides services for people living in Bristol and North Somerset, including in Portishead, Clevedon, Nailsea, Yatton, Backwell, Pill and Failand.
It has been looking after older people in the area for the past three years and has seen its client list grow rapidly.
As a result, it will soon be looking for people to fill an additional 80 caregiver roles.
Home Instead in Bristol owner Sergio Mesen said: “We have found that word of mouth has been an extremely powerful tool, which has contributed to the vast majority of our business but we just can’t keep up with the demand for our services.
“I think that older people and their families are becoming more aware of the quality care options that are available to them.
“They realise that they do not have to accept a standard ‘one size fits all’ solution of short-duration, task-based care and are looking to at-home care to help their family members live more independently for longer.
- 1 Superb, high-spec house in a Nailsea hotspot
- 2 North Somerset flytipper pays £1,600 after dumping bathtub
- 3 Police rescue broken down bride - and get her to the wedding on time
- 4 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 5 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 6 Clevedon Choral back after 18 month hiatus caused by pandemic
- 7 Construction finally begins for special educational needs school
- 8 Clevedon Library to close for THREE MONTHS for major refurb
- 9 Gardens on view for Clevedon wildlife trail
- 10 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
“Sometimes all that’s required is a little help with housework and a bit of company, rather than a complex care plan and I believe that remaining in familiar surroundings can make a huge difference to older people’s health.”
For more details visit www.homeinstead.co.uk/bristol or call 01275 391300