80 carers sought as company expands
- Credit: Archant
A COMPANY providing care for older people in North Somerset has announced plans to double its workforce, creating 80 new jobs in the district.
Home Instead Senior Care operates from a base in Long Ashton and provides services for people living in Bristol and North Somerset, including in Portishead, Clevedon, Nailsea, Yatton, Backwell, Pill and Failand.
It has been looking after older people in the area for the past three years and has seen its client list grow rapidly.
As a result, it will soon be looking for people to fill an additional 80 caregiver roles.
Home Instead in Bristol owner Sergio Mesen said: “We have found that word of mouth has been an extremely powerful tool, which has contributed to the vast majority of our business but we just can’t keep up with the demand for our services.
You may also want to watch:
“I think that older people and their families are becoming more aware of the quality care options that are available to them.
“They realise that they do not have to accept a standard ‘one size fits all’ solution of short-duration, task-based care and are looking to at-home care to help their family members live more independently for longer.
- 1 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 2 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 3 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 4 Beautiful Edwardian villa near Clevedon's seafront
- 5 Life-saving equipment installed in town
- 6 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 7 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 8 Cliff Richard concert to be live streamed in cinemas
- 9 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 10 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
“Sometimes all that’s required is a little help with housework and a bit of company, rather than a complex care plan and I believe that remaining in familiar surroundings can make a huge difference to older people’s health.”
For more details visit www.homeinstead.co.uk/bristol or call 01275 391300