£15k on offer for local causes
- Credit: Archant
TWO good causes in Pill could benefit from up to £15,000 from the village’s Southern Cooperative store.
Bosses at the Baltic Place shop have named the Crockerne School Business Support Group and Pill and District Children and Young People’s Partnerships as the groups which will gain from its Community Support Card (CSC) scheme.
To be launched in the New Year, the scheme sees cards given to shoppers to swipe every time they visit the store. The more the cards are swiped, the more funding the causes will receive.
Up to £10,000 will be given to the children and young people’s partnership to help fund its work with youngsters aged 0-19 in the village through projects including youth clubs and holiday activities.
Secretary Joanna Burt said: “With local Government unable to fund such activities, there is a marked gap in affordable and interesting opportunities available to young people with in Pill and we rely completely on grants and fundraising. For us to be promised up to £10,000 from the scheme means we can actually continue to fund fun activities for children and young people here in Pill.”
You may also want to watch:
Crockerne Business School Support Group, which is raising money to renovate the swimming pool at the village primary school, will receive up to £5,000 from the CSC scheme.
Chairman Jenny Charlewood said: “This pool is used by the school and the local community for learning vital water skills and for fun and pleasure.
- 1 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 2 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 3 Business owner sentenced for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 4 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 5 Impressive, four-floor detached house with sea views
- 6 North Somerset nurses retire following more than 80 years of combined service to the NHS
- 7 Primary school shuts after staff members test positive for coronavirus
- 8 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 9 Bristol Airport welcomes new testing strategy for arrivals
- 10 Seek appointment with GP for persistent stomach troubles, urges NHS and Public Health England campaign
“The money raised will go toward replacing the roof so the pool can continue be used for many more years to come.”