Bus services for Bristol shopping
A NEW bus route taking Nailsea shoppers to Broadmead and Cabot Circus is starting on November 5, while two local routes are being dropped.
North Somerset Coaches will be running a two-hourly bus, route 55, from Silver Street, Kingshill, Hannah More Road, Hazelbury Road and Link Road in Nailsea.
The Nailsea firm, which is based in Southfield Road, is also re-introducing a direct link to Cribbs Causeway in Bristol, on Thursdays at 9am.
However, service two – Backwell to Nailsea – and four – Nailsea local circular – are being withdrawn due to costs.
David Fricker, proprietor of North Somerset Coaches, said: “It is very disappointing to announce that we have to withdraw services two and four around Nailsea.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve worked extremely hard over the past four years to provide the residents of Nailsea and Backwell with a good quality and reliable local service using low-floor buses.
“However, with costs continually rising, we can no longer operate the services at a loss because the viability of the entire business would be at risk.”
- 1 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 2 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 3 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 4 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 5 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 6 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 7 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 8 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 9 Council plea to public as services impacted by pingdemic
- 10 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
Service 55 will now begin covering parts of the two and four routes in Nailsea.
New timetables are available from Nailsea Library, PS Travel and Gilly’s Caf� or from www.northsomersetcoaches.co.uk