Bus service nominated for top award
A FRIENDLY Nailsea bus company has been recognised as one of the best in Britain at a conference of top UK bus managers in Nottingham.
North Somerset Coaches, based in Southfield Road, has made it to the finals in the category Making Buses a Better Choice and the winning company will be announced at the UK Bus Awards in November.
Proprietor Dave Fricker, aged 29, said: “I am thrilled we have reached this stage in the competition, especially as we are the smallest company of any of the finalists in any category.
“I’m really proud of what we have achieved. The hard work and professionalism of everyone at North Somerset Coaches has made a real difference to bus travel in our local community.”
The company took the brave step of introducing its commercially operated Nailsea and Backwell local bus service, without subsidy, in 2008 and it has now become a lifeline service for many residents.
You may also want to watch:
Staff have also come up with a number of imaginative ideas such as a book club, carol singing and vintage bus charity days to serve the community.
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 3 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 4 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 5 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 6 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 7 How to order free Covid home tests
- 8 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 9 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 10 Health club thanks NHS workers with free memberships