Burger van approved
AN APPLICATION to site a burger van near a Clevedon sports centre and industrial estate has been granted permission.
Colin Beresford-Slinn applied for street-trading consent to run his Super Mario’s Burger Bar van from a lay-by in Strode Road, near to the junction with Southern Way.
As a result, three letters of objection were sent to the unitary authority with concerns raised about the amount of litter the van could generate as well as the fact there are no toilet facilities on the van.
However, in his application, Mr Beresford-Slinn, who used to run the van from Harbour Road Industrial Estate in Portishead, explained that the lack of toilet facilities is overcome by the fact he only lives 300m from the Strode Road site.
At a meeting of a North Somerset Council licensing sub-committee on August 9 the application was approved.
You may also want to watch:
This means the burger van can be now operated between 7.30am-3pm on Mondays to Fridays and from 8am-2pm on Saturdays. It would not be allowed at the site on Sundays.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 3 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 4 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 7 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 10 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans