Bucket shakers wanted
A CLEVEDON children’s charity is looking for willing volunteers to help shake buckets and collect cash at Bristol Airport.
Springboard Opportunity Group has been named as the airport’s charity of the year, meaning staff at the Lulsgate site will help to raise money for it through events and activities during 2011.
The charity, which provides support and play sessions for children under five with additional needs, will also be allowed to collect donations in the terminal throughout the year.
Springboard’s Ann Ramsey said: “We are very fortunate to have been selected as Bristol Airport’s Charity of the Year for 2011, and now we desperately need to raise an army of willing fund-raising volunteers to collect donations in the airport terminal during the year, to help raise the money we need to continue providing our vital services.”
Anyone who volunteers will be entitled to free parking at the airport.
You may also want to watch:
An introductory session for all volunteers will be held at Springboard’s base in Princes Road, Clevedon, from 7-8pm on Tuesday.
Anyone interested in attending should contact Ann on 01275 341113, 01934 426165 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 How to order free Covid home tests
- 2 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
- 3 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 4 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 5 Special school expansion progress
- 6 Nailsea Cricket Club start senior nets for new season
- 7 Nailsea's first virtual flower show winners announced
- 8 North Somerset and Somerset libraries reopen this week
- 9 Families enjoy Easter donkey tale trail at church
- 10 Portishead coach firm launches post-lockdown getaways this summer