Bucket shakers wanted
A CLEVEDON children’s charity is looking for willing volunteers to help shake buckets and collect cash at Bristol Airport.
Springboard Opportunity Group has been named as the airport’s charity of the year, meaning staff at the Lulsgate site will help to raise money for it through events and activities during 2011.
The charity, which provides support and play sessions for children under five with additional needs, will also be allowed to collect donations in the terminal throughout the year.
Springboard’s Ann Ramsey said: “We are very fortunate to have been selected as Bristol Airport’s Charity of the Year for 2011, and now we desperately need to raise an army of willing fund-raising volunteers to collect donations in the airport terminal during the year, to help raise the money we need to continue providing our vital services.”
Anyone who volunteers will be entitled to free parking at the airport.
You may also want to watch:
An introductory session for all volunteers will be held at Springboard’s base in Princes Road, Clevedon, from 7-8pm on Tuesday.
Anyone interested in attending should contact Ann on 01275 341113, 01934 426165 or via email at email@example.com
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 2 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 3 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 4 Camera club wants new members to join
- 5 PICTURES: Nailsea farmers market birthday party
- 6 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 7 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 8 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 9 'Incredible' Nailsea & Backwell RFC win first ever Bristol Combination Vase
- 10 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel