Bucket shakers needed
STAFF and volunteers at a North Somerset charity are appealing for more help to collect money at Bristol Airport.
Springboard Opportunity Group has been chosen as the charity of the year by the Lulsgate site and one of the benefits of this is that collectors are allowed into the terminal to shake buckets for donations.
However, there is currently only a small team of people carrying out the task and it is hoped more volunteers could come forward.
The collections are helping to raise much-needed funds for the charity, which has dedicated centres in Clevedon and Weston to provide play sessions and support to children under five with additional needs.
Development officer Ann Ramsey said: “We are delighted we have this chance to collect money to support our work with the children, but we only have a small team of volunteers and can’t be at the airport as often as we’d like.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who can spare a few hours to help collect donations should call Ann on 01275 34113 or email email@example.com
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 6 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 7 Special school expansion progress
- 8 Celebrations after non-essential shops and pubs reopen in North Somerset
- 9 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 10 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week