Bucket shakers needed
STAFF and volunteers at a North Somerset charity are appealing for more help to collect money at Bristol Airport.
Springboard Opportunity Group has been chosen as the charity of the year by the Lulsgate site and one of the benefits of this is that collectors are allowed into the terminal to shake buckets for donations.
However, there is currently only a small team of people carrying out the task and it is hoped more volunteers could come forward.
The collections are helping to raise much-needed funds for the charity, which has dedicated centres in Clevedon and Weston to provide play sessions and support to children under five with additional needs.
Development officer Ann Ramsey said: “We are delighted we have this chance to collect money to support our work with the children, but we only have a small team of volunteers and can’t be at the airport as often as we’d like.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who can spare a few hours to help collect donations should call Ann on 01275 34113 or email email@example.com
- 1 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 3 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 4 PICTURES: Nailsea farmers market birthday party
- 5 Camera club wants new members to join
- 6 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 7 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 8 'Incredible' Nailsea & Backwell RFC win first ever Bristol Combination Vase
- 9 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 10 Life-saving equipment installed in town