Brothers in tandem
TWO intrepid brothers from Wrington are taking on the challenge of a lifetime in aid of charity.
Tom and Jonathan Wood will be cycling from Vancouver, through the Rocky Mountains and north towards the Arctic Circle – a 2,000-mile journey in aid of Weston Hospicecare and Cancer Research UK.
They set off on Sunday and are carrying all their own equipment, camping gear and food – a weight of 50kg on each bike – and hope to complete the challenge within two months. Tom, aged 21, and Jonathan, aged 27, have put in months of training to reach a high level of fitness for this expedition.
“Cancer has affected members of my family, friends and recently touched the life of someone very close to me,” said Tom, of Church Walk.
“I would like to raise as much money as I can to help to beat cancer and help people who are living with it now to live every last moment of their lives to the full.”
You may also want to watch:
A member of the team at Weston Hospicecare, said: “Tom is hoping to raise �2,500 for Weston Hospicecare which could pay for 19 patients to spend a day in the day hospice or would pay for all the medication in our in-patient unit keeping patients pain free for around five months - this would be a fantastic achievement.”
If you would like to sponsor Tom and Jonathan visit http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/team/CycleCanada
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 3 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 4 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 5 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 6 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 7 Clevedon CC captain Lintott selected by Southern Brave to play in The Hundred
- 8 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 9 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 10 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'