Brothers in tandem
TWO intrepid brothers from Wrington are taking on the challenge of a lifetime in aid of charity.
Tom and Jonathan Wood will be cycling from Vancouver, through the Rocky Mountains and north towards the Arctic Circle – a 2,000-mile journey in aid of Weston Hospicecare and Cancer Research UK.
They set off on Sunday and are carrying all their own equipment, camping gear and food – a weight of 50kg on each bike – and hope to complete the challenge within two months. Tom, aged 21, and Jonathan, aged 27, have put in months of training to reach a high level of fitness for this expedition.
“Cancer has affected members of my family, friends and recently touched the life of someone very close to me,” said Tom, of Church Walk.
“I would like to raise as much money as I can to help to beat cancer and help people who are living with it now to live every last moment of their lives to the full.”
You may also want to watch:
A member of the team at Weston Hospicecare, said: “Tom is hoping to raise �2,500 for Weston Hospicecare which could pay for 19 patients to spend a day in the day hospice or would pay for all the medication in our in-patient unit keeping patients pain free for around five months - this would be a fantastic achievement.”
If you would like to sponsor Tom and Jonathan visit http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/team/CycleCanada
- 1 Changes to North Somerset Council’s executive team announced
- 2 Contemporary living with lovely estuary views
- 3 Creation of 'flimsy' roles at £7,000 is 'indefensible', says North Somerset councillor
- 4 Lord-Lieutenant unveils memorial to commemorate village war dead
- 5 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 6 April 12: Air ambulance charity has busiest week on record
- 7 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 8 Cleeve claim friendly win at Hambrook
- 9 How to order free Covid home tests
- 10 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser