Bristol Airport introduces Jet2 flight
- Credit: Jet2
Bristol Airport has announced it will work alongside holiday package provider Jet2 as business begins to ramp up with more holiday destinations added to the Government's green travel list.
The inaugural Jet2 flight took off from Bristol Airport on Monday - taking passengers to Majorca and indulging them with a red-carpet entrance to the airport.
Majorca, along with Menorca, Ibiza and Madiera, was recently adding to the green travel list - this means travellers heading there will not have to isolate upon arrival.
The airport's chief operating officer revealed that the news is positive for those on English soil too - as it has created more than 200 jobs in the region.
Graeme Gamble said: "We know from our customer research there is pent-up demand for air travel in the region.
"This is a major step forwards for Bristol Airport recovering from the impact of the pandemic with the airline’s base at Bristol creating 200 job opportunities initially and this number increasing as the base grows, providing significant investment and an increase in the choice of destinations and holidays available to customers in the region."
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 2 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 3 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 4 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 5 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 6 Beautiful Edwardian villa near Clevedon's seafront
- 7 Driving group needs more volunteers
- 8 PICTURES: Nailsea farmers market birthday party
- 9 Camera club wants new members to join
- 10 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel