Boxing Day road runners
MORE than 700 competitors worked off their Christmas Day excesses with a run around Clevedon in the annual Boxing Day Road Race.
Numbers were down slightly due to the weather, but the conditions failed to put off spectators who lined the four-mile stretch to cheer on the runners.
Belgium athlete Jean-Pierre Weerts crossed the finish line at the Salthouse Fields first in a time of 18mins and 58secs.
Richard Peter and Tom Mercer, both from Bristol and West Athletic Club, came second and third and the first woman to reach the finish was Emma Pallant, from Aldershot.
Money raised from the event, which was organised by Clevedon Athletic Club, will be donated to local charities once funds have been collected.
You may also want to watch:
* For more pictures click on the link at the top right of this story.
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 3 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 4 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 5 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 6 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 7 Clevedon CC captain Lintott selected by Southern Brave to play in The Hundred
- 8 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 9 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 10 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'