Bookshop shares on offer
BOOKLOVERS hoping to become involved with Clevedon’s community bookshop have another chance to buy shares this month.
The shop in Copse Road, which opened in December, is ran by a community cooperative which sees any profit put back into operating the shop and organising special events.
Shop manager and cooperative secretary Angela Everitt said: “The bookshop has been successful beyond our dreams.
“Sales have been more than anticipated and thousands of books have been donated. At the last count, we had 40 shop-workers and 18 book cataloguers all work hard and enthusiastically to contribute to this success.”
Shares will be put up for sale during an AGM, which will be held at Princes Hall in Princes Road at 2pm on June 30, and the funding received will go toward buying new shelving.
You may also want to watch:
The AGM will also give people the chance to hear more about the progress made since the cooperative was formed and also about plans for future events. Members and non-members are welcome
- 1 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 2 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 3 Nailsea & Tickenham maintain unbeaten start with comfortable win over Chard
- 4 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 5 North Somerset Arts Week is huge success
- 6 School athletics tracks gets eco-friendly floodlight boost
- 7 Masked man caught spying on couple in North Somerset village
- 8 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival
- 9 The Subways to perform at Bristol O2 Academy
- 10 Gordano RFC edge out Clevedon RFC to maintain perfect start to season