Bookshop shares on offer
BOOKLOVERS hoping to become involved with Clevedon’s community bookshop have another chance to buy shares this month.
The shop in Copse Road, which opened in December, is ran by a community cooperative which sees any profit put back into operating the shop and organising special events.
Shop manager and cooperative secretary Angela Everitt said: “The bookshop has been successful beyond our dreams.
“Sales have been more than anticipated and thousands of books have been donated. At the last count, we had 40 shop-workers and 18 book cataloguers all work hard and enthusiastically to contribute to this success.”
Shares will be put up for sale during an AGM, which will be held at Princes Hall in Princes Road at 2pm on June 30, and the funding received will go toward buying new shelving.
You may also want to watch:
The AGM will also give people the chance to hear more about the progress made since the cooperative was formed and also about plans for future events. Members and non-members are welcome
- 1 Controversial plans for Clevedon B&M set for approval
- 2 Pupils hike up mountain for school sports hall appeal
- 3 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 4 Clevedon girl, 4, wins music award
- 5 Another North Somerset school hit with Covid cases
- 6 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 7 Man suffers head injuries after armed confrontation outside pub
- 8 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
- 9 Woodspring Women in hunt for new players over the age of 16 to join their side
- 10 North Somerset Stars lose out to Cheltenham rivals