Bookshop’s busy month
- Credit: Getty Images/Hemera
A HOST of readings and presentations will be put on at Clevedon Community Bookshop during the remainder of this month.
The Copse Road shop, which is run by volunteers, was set up at the end of 2011 and has enjoyed a hugely successful year selling books but also holding a wide range of events.
On Monday, Bill Shier will give a talk on Black Nore Lighthouse in Portishead including its history as well as how the community came together to buy it. There are 18 tickets available.
On January 23, Jonathan Camp will host an evening about Manet’s The Railway.
On January 24, A Celebration of Seasons Part Two will see Jenny Atkinson continue her theme of exploring the seasons through poetry, prose and art. There are 10 tickets available.
You may also want to watch:
Finally, on January 30 Adrianne Fitzpatrick will give a presentation entitled The Writer and the Editor – A Symbiotic Relationship. This will give an insight into the publishing industry and will be relevant for writers, would-be editors and proofreaders.
All events will be held at 7pm and tickets for each cost £7 to include refreshments.
- 1 Controversial plans for Clevedon B&M set for approval
- 2 Pupils hike up mountain for school sports hall appeal
- 3 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 4 Clevedon girl, 4, wins music award
- 5 Another North Somerset school hit with Covid cases
- 6 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 7 Man suffers head injuries after armed confrontation outside pub
- 8 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
- 9 Woodspring Women in hunt for new players over the age of 16 to join their side
- 10 North Somerset Stars lose out to Cheltenham rivals
For more details or to book tickets contact the shop on 01275 218318.