Bob fulfils cycle dream
A PORTISHEAD grandfather has achieved a lifelong dream to cycle down the Champs Elyse.
Bob Meacham successfully completed a three-day charity bike ride from London to Paris, raising about �2,000 for the Prostate Cancer Charity.
He said: “For as long as I can remember I’ve dreamt of cycling down the Champs Elyse and taking part in a charity bike ride seemed a great excuse to achieve this.”
Bob, a 51-year-old sales manager who has lived in Portishead for more than 20 years, chose to support the charity because his grandfather died of prostate cancer.
He added: “I think it’s time we men realised that prostate cancer is one of the biggest killers of men in the UK and having experienced the loss of someone close because of it, made me determined to highlight it as well as raise money for the charity.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone wishing to support Bob and donate to the Prostate Cancer Charity can visit www.prostate-cancer.org.uk
- 1 Bristol Balloon Fiesta: Organisers planning 2021 event
- 2 May 17: Which pubs are reopening in North Somerset?
- 3 Conservative named as Avon and Somerset police and crime commissioner
- 4 Boy, 17, 'with machete' arrested in village
- 5 LOCAL BY-ELECTION: Portishead East district and town councillors elected
- 6 Nailsea & Backwell enjoy return to rugby action
- 7 May 17: Museums gear up to reopen in North Somerset next week
- 8 Yatton Bowling Club getting more youngsters involved
- 9 May 17: What can't open when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 10 LOCAL ELECTIONS: Who you can vote for in the by-election tomorrow