Blooms impress at spring show
SPRING blooms were proudly put on show by gardeners who conquered the winter’s weather to cultivate some flourishing displays.
The Pill and District Gardening Club Spring Bulb Show was held at St George’s Church Hall in Easton-in-Gordano with the number of exhibits up on last year.
The show was judged by Chris Cudlipp who gave some fulsome praise to club members for their impressive show.
Lorna Hocking was awarded best in show for her red amaryllis and the President’s Choice award was given to Anne Brain for her cyclamen.
More show results:
You may also want to watch:
Daffodils: Maggi Stowers
Hyacinths: Helen Sherborne and Maggi Stowers
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 2 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 3 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 4 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 5 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 6 PICTURES: Inside Clevedon Pier's Glass Box Cafe
- 7 Nailsea pub crowned best in South West
- 8 Legal action starts to remove Portishead traveller camp
- 9 Sections of historic Portishead railway line to be reused for project
- 10 Yatton development welcomes first movers
Spring flowers: Mo Mortlock
Cut flowers: Moya Ayling
Amaryllis: Lorna Hocking
Mystery bulb: Rosemary Gladwin
Most points in show: Maggi Stowers
Best in Show: Lorna Hocking
President’s Choice: Anne Brain