Blooms impress at spring show
SPRING blooms were proudly put on show by gardeners who conquered the winter’s weather to cultivate some flourishing displays.
The Pill and District Gardening Club Spring Bulb Show was held at St George’s Church Hall in Easton-in-Gordano with the number of exhibits up on last year.
The show was judged by Chris Cudlipp who gave some fulsome praise to club members for their impressive show.
Lorna Hocking was awarded best in show for her red amaryllis and the President’s Choice award was given to Anne Brain for her cyclamen.
More show results:
You may also want to watch:
Daffodils: Maggi Stowers
Hyacinths: Helen Sherborne and Maggi Stowers
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 3 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 4 How to order free Covid home tests
- 5 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 6 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 7 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 8 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 9 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
- 10 Clevedon's FA Vase dream ends at Plymouth Parkway
Spring flowers: Mo Mortlock
Cut flowers: Moya Ayling
Amaryllis: Lorna Hocking
Mystery bulb: Rosemary Gladwin
Most points in show: Maggi Stowers
Best in Show: Lorna Hocking
President’s Choice: Anne Brain