Bloom judges in town
PORTISHEAD residents are being urged help make sure the town looks its best for the judging of the South West in Bloom awards tomorrow (Thurs).
Volunteers have been working around the clock in preparation for the judges’ visit, when they will be taken on a tour of the town.
Chris Button of Portishead in Bloom said: “If residents can pick up any litter, clear weeds and help tidy up any public areas, as well make their own gardens look their best, it will all help present our town in its best light.”
Portishead first entered South West in Bloom in 1996 and has picked up a gold medal in the annual competition for the past three years. The group has also won gold medals at national level, competing against large cities.
This year’s colour theme for the town is hot pinks, lilac and burgundy and all of the tubs and planters have now been filled and many repainted.
You may also want to watch:
North Somerset Community Brass will be performing for the judges at the amphitheatre in Central Park, Port Marine, between 10.15-11.15am tomorrow and organisers hope residents will go along to watch the performance.
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Village pub conversion rejected by council
- 3 Live music returns to village this weekend
- 4 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 5 Green light for active travel scheme
- 6 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 7 WIN: Tickets to The Courier at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 8 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 9 Charming period house with pretty gardens and coastal views
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week