Bloom judges in town
PORTISHEAD residents are being urged help make sure the town looks its best for the judging of the South West in Bloom awards tomorrow (Thurs).
Volunteers have been working around the clock in preparation for the judges’ visit, when they will be taken on a tour of the town.
Chris Button of Portishead in Bloom said: “If residents can pick up any litter, clear weeds and help tidy up any public areas, as well make their own gardens look their best, it will all help present our town in its best light.”
Portishead first entered South West in Bloom in 1996 and has picked up a gold medal in the annual competition for the past three years. The group has also won gold medals at national level, competing against large cities.
This year’s colour theme for the town is hot pinks, lilac and burgundy and all of the tubs and planters have now been filled and many repainted.
You may also want to watch:
North Somerset Community Brass will be performing for the judges at the amphitheatre in Central Park, Port Marine, between 10.15-11.15am tomorrow and organisers hope residents will go along to watch the performance.
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 3 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 4 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 5 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 6 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 7 How to order free Covid home tests
- 8 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 9 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 10 Health club thanks NHS workers with free memberships